Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Hi Husky
Is the fuel usage because of the 3.46 ratio diff?
Is the area where you live hilly or fairly flat?
I have been considering putting in a 3.46 diff into my old girl.
A mechanic l know (he is 60), when l told him about putting in the 3.46, he said l'd go through more fuel. So l haven't bothered.
Thanks Lex

I honestly barely noticed a change in fuel usage when I fitted the 3.46 LSD. maybe 0.5-1L/100km, but that's it. And it's well worth it for the extra acceleration. I wouldn't go any taller though.

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
This wagon is awesome! Great work man, I seriously don't know why Holden never made a factory L67 Wagon. I would have bought one, but if my engine ever goes my wagon is getting the L67 treatment.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
This wagon is awesome! Great work man, I seriously don't know why Holden never made a factory L67 Wagon. I would have bought one, but if my engine ever goes my wagon is getting the L67 treatment.

Probably a combination of reasons. Although it's (Arguably) more fun to drive than the LS1 due to low down torque, the L67 does use much more fuel and has less power than the LS1. Add that to the fact that by the end of the VZ almost 90% of wagons were bought by fleet buyer who wouldn't want the increased running costs and there's a few good reasons.

I am surprised they never fitted then to the ute though.

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
Yeah good points, My current wagon was a Q Fleet car in Queensland when new. I haven't driven an LS1 yet but the L67 optioned WH was a blast to drive. I wasn't aware though that there isn't any L67 utes, but probably the same reasoning.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I might be getting a small bit of money that I can allocate to car stuff in the next few weeks, and as the clear on my bonnet is starting to peel I thought I might treat the old girl to a front end respray.

At the same time I'm thinking of adding some form of bonnet buldge or scoop for future proofing to make sure I have clearance when I intercool (Raising the charger can cause the pulley to scrub on the bonnet).

Problem is I think reverse cowls look horrible and out of place on these car, and am looking for something that looks a bit more factory. So far my favourite option is this one, but I'm not sold.

2nrdhfr.png

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What about a 2inch or smaller reverse cowl? The smaller ones don't look quite as out of place.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
What about a 2inch or smaller reverse cowl? The smaller ones don't look quite as out of place.

I'm not a fan of how they just jut straight out. I'd prefer something smoothed to the bonnet. Unfortunately the one thing I like about Ford is the bonnet bulge that looks much nicer that most scoops. Shame the rest of their cars are ugly.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I might be getting a small bit of money that I can allocate to car stuff in the next few weeks, and as the clear on my bonnet is starting to peel I thought I might treat the old girl to a front end respray.

At the same time I'm thinking of adding some form of bonnet buldge or scoop for future proofing to make sure I have clearance when I intercool (Raising the charger can cause the pulley to scrub on the bonnet).

Problem is I think reverse cowls look horrible and out of place on these car, and am looking for something that looks a bit more factory. So far my favourite option is this one, but I'm not sold.

2nrdhfr.png
Hi
Have you looked into engine mounts?
When l first got my vt, it needed new engine mounts. The mechanic asked me if l was planning any engine mods. ( manifold & plenum spacers etc.)
Apparently you can buy engine mounts that lower your engine, lower than standard.
It allows for these modifications, without having to modify the bonnet.
Hope this helps Lex

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Have seen a v2 monaro that the owner welded a ford bonnet bulge onto the monaro bonnet and cut away monaro skin and structure where the bulge was. It looked fairly subtle and I recon lots of people would go looks a bit different but not sure how