Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
So I really need to do some stuff to this car. Unfortunately 2 kids and a pandemic has really slowed progress. I've been keeping up on maintenance and the car is still very pleasant to drive, despite that fact it has now done 390,000km (More than the average distance from earth to the moon)

Unfortunately I was forced to make a small change a while back when I suffered a blow out on the Monash freeway and completely stuffed one of the rims. adding to this that one rim already had a fixable buckle and I had to choose to either fix the fixable rim and replace the 4th, buy 4 more wheels the same (As I was struggling to find people selling partial sets), or buy a whole new set.

So I did the unthinkable and bought 4 new SMALLER rims. Odd choice for some I bet however the ride is noticeably better. They are 17 inch wheels off of a VF Evoke, however I still have 3 of the 18 inch Calais rims if I choose to go back.

I really can't decide which I like better. Still waiting on centre caps as well.
New wheels.jpg
Old wheels.jpg

New vs Old.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon