Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
good to hear mate! i screwed up putting spark plugs in my car the other day by not putting a lead on properly D: so every time I was on the throttle under load there was this muffled banging noise, the lead was coming off a tiny bit lol oops hope the engine is ok

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I wouldn't stress too much. when I had my second engine fitted I noticed the car was hesitating badly and acceleration. Turns out one of the spark plug leads wasn't even connected. Car was fine after it got fixed.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2mhzy8n.jpg

I changed the wheels on my cars around the other day. I still think I prefer the Calais wheels, but I think the Caprice wheels suit the wagon body better.

Grega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 Berlina, VX1 Berlina, VX2 Berlina
still looks good with those wheels
my missus vx2 berlina had the same clunking issue and the scraping mudflaps.
new set of front struts and link pins and it was all good again. i also did the bearings as well in the strut tops, though the standard springs were a bastard to compress.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I prefer the calais wheels as well but I think they look better on the Ute. And the caprice wheels didn't suit the Ute at all. I'll replace them one day.

No updates for now unfortunately. Other things keep sapping away my time and funds.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Hey there,
I'm 3rd owner of mine. Was a family wagon when I got it so just doing a tidy job on it. 285 km on original engine but I'm counting on the fact they're country K's . New timing chain etc at 210 ?

It's got new Pedders all around and not lowered but those short sharp speed lumps at the local shopping centre scrape the front mudflaps if I go any faster than a dead stop. The right one is split already.

Is that Delft Blue ? Looks the same as mine.

Trying to find wheels that suit too. Need fair amount of sidewall for country roads so I'm looking for something 15"/16" in black and chrome to match my interior and with the 'spokes' running from the centre. Currently has the 5 spoke things that look somewhat like the factory sport S/SS ?

Way back on your first? page you mentioned rear lights with black surround. Are they just aftermarket or from a trim /model level? Could be a good compromise between stock and full Nightshade tinted.

Attachments

• DSCN1999.jpg
    DSCN1999.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 228

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey there,
I'm 3rd owner of mine. Was a family wagon when I got it so just doing a tidy job on it. 285 km on original engine but I'm counting on the fact they're country K's . New timing chain etc at 210 ?

It's got new Pedders all around and not lowered but those short sharp speed lumps at the local shopping centre scrape the front mudflaps if I go any faster than a dead stop. The right one is split already.

Is that Delft Blue ? Looks the same as mine.

Trying to find wheels that suit too. Need fair amount of sidewall for country roads so I'm looking for something 15"/16" in black and chrome to match my interior and with the 'spokes' running from the centre. Currently has the 5 spoke things that look somewhat like the factory sport S/SS ?

Way back on your first? page you mentioned rear lights with black surround. Are they just aftermarket or from a trim /model level? Could be a good compromise between stock and full Nightshade tinted.

It is indeed Deflt Blue, my favourite colour from holden. My ute is the same.

I know what you mean about wheels. I'd prefer something with a bigger sidewall, but I haven't found any 17's I like. if dirt roads were more of an issue I'd get genuine VXSS wheels. you can find them for $300-350 with decent tread. I saw one set for $500 with brand new tyres.

The lights i wanted were genuine, from the VZSS wagon and some VYSS wagon's. But despite searching for them regularly I've never been able to find them. There used to be some on eBay but they are all long gone. Holden doesn't make them anymore, and no dealerships carry stock anymore.

http://holmart.com.au/online/images/vy2sstlrh.jpg

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
It looks like wheels and back blinkers are the puzzling points. Have found a couple of sets of wheels that interest me but they didn't grab me. Trying to find some before my tyres wear right down so I can do them at the same time.

Was looking at my back blinkers today and was wondering about just black painting around the edge, exactly like you linked to except just stock VX. Cheaper and replaceable. Then maybe some phantom globes and a light spray of Nightshade ? Not really sure that I want the Nightshade blackout look.