Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Few new things to add.

The first is a new exhaust courtesy of Not_An_Abba_Fan. It's a nice 2.5 inch Manta catback with the front muffler and rear resonator. Still trying to decide on a tip, will try to get a video up when I install it.

30wbcp5.jpg

Next is a new dashbord courtesy of brandon119412 on eBay. The guy does some awesome dashes, and will even do custom stuff (Marbling, wood grain, writing, pictures) for a good price.

2ibizw1.jpg

Next, finally got around to installing my MACE plenum spacer (An excuse to buy a new torque wrench), CAI coming soon. I also painted the edges silver just to make it a bit more discreet.

mjlu2a.jpg

And I also finally installed (one of) my new leather arm rests. Genuine NOS. will do the other ones later, need more super glue and I can't drive until my plenum sealant dries.

2yw8umf.jpg

More coming soon!

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did some more inside work. Tidied the dash up a bit, so now the 3 way splitter for the 12 volt sits in that little compartment, which is now marble to match the shifter surround. The AUX in cable now disappears behind the dash and runs out of the centre console.

2hfht06.jpg

I've also installed all the black trim I have at the moment, A and B pillars, visors and hand holds. I'm trying to track down the remaining trim but it's pretty hard to find wagon stuff. Once I have it all I'll probably get the headlining done in black to match.

2a4sfhu.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
FINALLY got the wheels and cat back into place. Sounds really nice. Only problem is the Exhaust mob got sent the wrong tip and just fitted it hoping I wouldn't notice (it was cheaper than the one I wanted, not happy), so that will hopefully be fixed soon.

29ar2vs.jpg

2sbjtyb.jpg

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Nice wags mate, the wheels look great

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my proper exhaust tip fitted a while back, as well as getting around to fitting my new steering wheel. Looks nice having the wheel match everything else now. Will look even better when I finish installing my chrome door handles (Putting them on each door as I put the trims back on after changing the speakers.

20k4n07.jpg

2nh0nfa.jpg

I also took a trek down to MPS and got myself a Stage 2 shift kit. Brilliant little mod, makes the car feel a lot more snappy through the changes, and removes that lag before a shift down when you accelerate with vigor (I love it every time i get to the section of road where it goes from 80km to 110 on the way to work).

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Getting closer to the big 300,000! Also, I didn't take the photo, passenger did.

2hf8lxl.jpg

Also got my MACE CAI. Looks a lot neater than the factory set-up. Sounds nicer and improves throttle response as well.

2zeht9z.jpg

And lastly, got this for $50, although it may be a while before I get around to painting and fitting.

28hzo05.jpg

VL_3692

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Berlina 5L, VR Daily
Needs more low

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
solid wagon there mate with some nice mods. keep up the good work. I see you're from my old hood too.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Needs more low

I've thought about it. If I hadn't just done the shocks and springs in the ring I'd consider maybe low. But I really need it to be practical enough for dirt roads and such.

Great wagon mate, especially the body color!
Tuned in for more updates, I enjoyed having read through your build :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate. I remember when dad got the car he had to wait aaaages for colour as it was the end of the VX and they didn't have one ready. Was worth the wait though.