Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Hey, nice move. Sounds like you've got a helpful mech too. ....and good to hear the paperwork went smoothly, always an unknown until you get there regardless of what 's been said before.

I'm a jealous man.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
2lc5z6r.jpg

Just read back through the whole thread mate. Niceride, good to see you stick by it. Looks really good here.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I hate you. Now I want to put an L67 into my VX wagon again but I will be buggered if I'm paying what people think they are worth (3k plus)

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I hate you. Now I want to put an L67 into my VX wagon again but I will be buggered if I'm paying what people think they are worth (3k plus)

I paid $1,000 for the donor car, and got back $500 from the mechanic once the engine was out. You just have to keep looking.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I paid $1,000 for the donor car, and got back $500 from the mechanic once the engine was out. You just have to keep looking.
How much was labour for the transplant ?
Just wondering.

As much as I like what you've done there I'm past modding anything major unless it's the cheapest option, (which it usually isn't).

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much was labour for the transplant ?
Just wondering.

As much as I like what you've done there I'm past modding anything major unless it's the cheapest option, (which it usually isn't).

The whole thing set me back $3,500. That included the donor (and the money I got back for the shell), the exhaust and all the mechanical items I listed earlier (SC rebuild, LIM gaskets, SC pulley, Idler pulley, new fuel pump, etc). The amount on the invoice was around $800 more than that, but was brought down as we agreed on a firm price prior to starting the job.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
6000km on the L67 is still going great. Still really loving the noise and power increase. Not enjoying the fuel usage though, as it's still averaging around 14L/100km. I may need to get the car tuned at some stage to see if that helps.

I also did an oil change and the old oil looked fine, no sign of metal shavings or anything like that. So hopefully the engine will keep on going for a long time.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
6000km on the L67 is still going great. Still really loving the noise and power increase. Not enjoying the fuel usage though, as it's still averaging around 14L/100km. I may need to get the car tuned at some stage to see if that helps.

I also did an oil change and the old oil looked fine, no sign of metal shavings or anything like that. So hopefully the engine will keep on going for a long time.
Hi Husky
Is the fuel usage because of the 3.46 ratio diff?
Is the area where you live hilly or fairly flat?
I have been considering putting in a 3.46 diff into my old girl.
A mechanic l know (he is 60), when l told him about putting in the 3.46, he said l'd go through more fuel. So l haven't bothered.
Thanks Lex