Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Darkest legal in Victoria is 35% VLT (Visible light transmission). 18% is lower VLT, which means it is darker. In saying that though, I've never heard of anyone being picked up for slightly darker tint. Usually people get in trouble because it is excessively dark, or they were doing something else wrong as well.

I used a bloke in Bonbeach called Dr Tint and he was excellent, and will provide warranty on darker than legal tint (most places wont warrant anything below 35%). This cost me $300, which is about standard, including removal of factory tint. $400 sounds way too high for this.
Thanks Husky
Lex

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I did this a little while ago but forgot to post it, i stripped the carpet out of the boot area and put down a heap of sound deadener to reduce the drone from the exhaust. It's still not perfect, but one day when i have more time and space I aim to strip the whole interior and do to floors and roofs.

dpwln7.jpg

2s1vt5x.jpg

2cpuloz.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
33yngya.jpg

The paint on the front was starting to get really bad and was peeling in large pieces, so I decided it was time for same paint. I got the front end (bumper, bonnet, fenders) and the roof racks done while it was there.

Much better.

wtgh35.jpg

104hqf9.jpg

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
Clear coat is the devil on these commodores now they are getting older, Looks awesome though with the freshen up! I'm not sure how i feel about the roof rack rails being painted though.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it has been a massive, massive year. Having a daughter and preparing for a huge exam I needed to pass after a year in my current job took a huge toll on me mentally and physically, but now that's out of the way (Although my daughter is becoming steadily more labour intensive), it's time to show this old car some love.

Took a trip to Boost and Tune solutions in Albion today. The reason I had to go so far was because although every man and his dog can tune an LS, only 2-3 people in Australia will tune an L67 with the factory computer. And this man knows his stuff. Although the power gain was minimal on paper, there was a massive torque gain, and the power curve is higher at lower RPM, and the shift points has been drastically altered. The result is a car that much nicer when cruising, and much quicker off the line. I also noticed a very big drop in fuel consumption on the way home. The AFR with the MACE memcal were also way out in high RPMs, so that has been brought back to a nice level.

2hmk29c.jpg

33uegdg.jpg

fkmhqd.jpg