Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vy 3.8l fuel consumption seems high

Stephentsikleas

Reaction score
My VY COMMODORE 3.8L is registering 15l or less per 100km around town and traffic lights but the computer seems indicate a diffrence of kilometres fuel left to the actual kms im traveling. And im wondering is it a computer problem or air flow meter or pther reason.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
it will depend on the type of driving you are doing and what your average speed is
my trip computer always says my avg litres per 100lkm is always around 18 - 19 but my avg speed is always only about 25km/hr but i only do short distances on average of about 3kms or less per trip but when i do a long trip it falls to around 8 - 10 ltrs/100kms

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Same with my VY Super6, around the suburbs is says approx. 14 > 17 [depends the traffic, and how I drive :rolleyes:],
Out on the highway it can come down to approx. 8.4 [krusing :D at 100 > 110km/h] [no pun intended :cool:]
Not bad for a Super6, as it breaths a lot better.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
My vx does 11.7-12 average city usage mostly 50kmh zones and a big hill in and out of my suburb. Start stop in traffic is a big killer of fuel economy in these things when you watch the instant litres/100 taking off you will see why lol

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
My vx does 11.7-12 average city usage mostly 50kmh zones and a big hill in and out of my suburb. Start stop in traffic is a big killer of fuel economy in these things when you watch the instant litres/100 taking off you will see why lol
On the occasion that i have my trip meter on instant fuel when i take off even while driving like a granny it peaks at over 50litres/100kms and if i drive more spiritedly it hits 99+

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
When cold mine will go high 40s taking off gently when hot its goes around 14 that's driving as efficient as possible. Mines real high ks 500000+ and I've tweaked it a bit o2 sensors are turned off and egr switched off in the tune and blocked off and has a few timing tweaks in the tune but a stock one should return similar .If your o2s are old and tired won't help the situation mine are turned off un till I fix my leaking inlet gaskets and fit the new 1s I have on the shelf

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
On the occasion that i have my trip meter on instant fuel when i take off even while driving like a granny it peaks at over 50litres/100kms and if i drive more spiritedly it hits 99+

That's normal, because that's live data, and/or momentary data
Where the computer works on an average [speed/air mass/revs/throttle position/load/type of fuel/type of driving].

Last edited: