Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII ....... CHECK IT OUT!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Ok so here is my VY Acclaim which is a 2003 model. I have tinted the tail lights METHOD- with Nite Shade by applying three coats of Nite Shade to the tail lights then 6 coats of clear coat, then using 2000 grit sandpaper to sand down the clear coat to shine it up, followed by some Ultimate Compound to buff out the small scratches in the clear coat
I have removed the side plastic strips METHOD- simply pulling strips off the car followed by using a razor blade to remove the skidaflex then sanding down till smooth using various different sandpaper lowest grit to highest grit, the applied primer, then quicksilver paint (which was sadly the wrong colour lol!!! fail :(), then clear coat, then compound and buff.

So tell me what you think of my car! Any improvements? Do you think I'm a idiot for painting a stripe down the middle of my car when I could of easily used a caramel wheel?(well i had to paint it anyway coz paint was missing underneath the plastic strips) Do you like the stripe? Do you like how I tinted the tail lights? Darker maybe? any comments?

INTERIOR:

I got it stock as a rock, aside from tinted windows.
Door inserts and top half of the interior in Black Velvet, like velour - but softer, really short pile? (brush it one way, its dark, the other its lighter?!!)

EXTERIOR:
De-badged
Nite Shade Tail lights (see pics)
Removed plastic side strips (see pics)
16" rims

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Front of car

Attachments

• josh's car etc 010.jpg
    josh's car etc 010.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 308
  • josh's car etc 007.jpg
    josh's car etc 007.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 398
  • josh's car etc 002.jpg
    josh's car etc 002.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 321
  • josh's car etc 003.jpg
    josh's car etc 003.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 777777.jpg
    777777.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 33333.jpg
    33333.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 334
  • josh's car etc 008.jpg
    josh's car etc 008.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 331
  • josh's car etc 012.jpg
    josh's car etc 012.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
I got it stock as a rock, aside from tinted windows.
Door inserts and top half of the interior in Black Velvet, like velour - but softer, really short pile? (brush it one way, its dark, the other its lighter?!!)

What happened to your doors? Did you do that knowing about the caramel wheel, or did you find out afterwards? Spewing that its not the same colour.

Nice car but, its got some potential!! :D lol

What else have you got planned for it?
Keep the pics coming!

esca - Weren't the series 2 lights with the clear indicator lenses, not the amber ones?
And, my car didn't have a boot garnish either, series 2?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
haha nice mate. Well to answer all your questions in order,
1. I did take lights off to spray them, but i did put them back on then sanded them.
2. Im sure these lights would pass for legit.. also by the time I sell this car it will be $500
3. Because I dont think it looks too bad how i done it, and i couldn't get a caramel wheel so i did it my way.

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
First off, LOL, either some one has a tripped out sense of humour, or theres some funny coincidences going on... :hmmm:

Did you just cut and paste that out of my thread?
Speaking of which, did you just copy and paste my thread title?
Got pics of your interior?
####ing lmao...
And, LOL. :rofl2:

What happened to your doors? Did you do that knowing about the caramel wheel, or did you find out afterwards?

Should try to change things up a bit, so its not exactly the same wording as mine... ;)

esca - Weren't the series 2 lights with the clear indicator lenses, not the amber ones?

No actually mines a series 2 an it had the amber lights

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
First off, LOL, either some one has a tripped out sense of humour, or theres some funny coincidences going on... :hmmm:

Did you just cut and paste that out of my thread?
Speaking of which, did you just copy and paste my thread title?

What happened to your doors? Did you do that knowing about the caramel wheel, or did you find out afterwards?

I didnt cut and past it was a coincidence and I didnt use a caramel wheel coz the side plastic strip was falling off so i needed to fix it fast and couldnt find a caramel wheel etc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
What happened to your doors? Did you do that knowing about the caramel wheel, or did you find out afterwards? Spewing that its not the same colour.

What else have you got planned for it?
Keep the pics coming!

Thanks man for that, yeh well i got this car for free from my rich grandparents they paid $6500 for it so it owes me nothing. Its got potential? yeh but its a first car and im not that much into mods, however your ride is sweet BTW. I just think as a first car just leave it alone ya know and save up for something in 3 years or something then get a new xr6 or something (wait am i allowed to say that on this site :) ). Anyways thats the way i c it.

Attachments

• josh's car etc 011.jpg
    josh's car etc 011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Thanks man for that, yeh well i got this car for free from my rich grandparents they paid $6500 for it so it owes me nothing. Its got potential? yeh but its a first car and im not that much into mods, however your ride is sweet. I just think as a first car just leave it alone ya know and save up for something in 3 years or something. Anyways thats the way i c it.

lol, just being cheeky mate, it looks pretty similar to mine when I first got it, so just saying its a good starting point!

Thats definately the smart thing to do, wasting money on cars is pointless really, you never get it back, I just do it because I like to, and don't mind the money side of it so much. Like to be different! lol.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Just in reply, those lights won't pass..

Rule 106.03 of the RTA safety check guidelines state:
Reason for rejection:
A)the light has any tint or tinted cover over it