Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Should look good mate. The rear lion deletion looks so smooth. I might look into doing that too. How much you reckon a panel beater would charge to do it?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Cheers mate, I had it on there when it was black (gel coat) but it looked suss, lol,

Yeah Im a big fan of shaving the rear lion badge too, it looks soooo smooth there, will look better all blue... Im not sure how much it would be from a panel beater, cause they have to paint the whole panel (bootlid) I used to have a decent panelbeater/spraypainter that would do a panel for $150, top job too... but it could cost upto $250-$300 from an unknown shop? worth a phone call to a shop but?!!

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
My dad does the electrical work for our panel beater so might be able to get a deal off him. Might just leave it on if it'll cost $150+. Bit of an expensive cosmetic mod.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it would be pricey to just paint your boot JUST for removing the rear badge,

It only has two little tiny holes in it, (one about 3mm circle, and one 3mm x 4mm sort of rectangle with round edges) on a black car you could probly get away with just leaving the badge off, maybe put a strip of black electrical/gaff tape behind it to keep any water out?? you could hardly noticed it on my car for the two days the badge was off...

But I've been meaning to paint my boot lid for ages, it had some bad scratches on it, and since the idea of a Senator lip spoiler came up, I thought perfect excuse to get rid of it!!

Just not sure if I should go drastic and shave this car or not??!!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Guys I need some help!!!

To buy a crome number plate surround, or not to buy....
To paint my original one blue again, (the whole thing? or just the outside bit, leaving the black in the middle??) or not to paint....
To Shave the whole bootlid/number plate recess, (fit number plate into the rear bumper) or not to shave....

They are the questions.......

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Just get the chrome surround and leave the rest imo. Don't shave it and put the plate in the bumper.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah... sort of wasn't 100% keen on the shaving idea, Ive seen one done and not sure if I liked it or not... it looked different!!

But Holden want like $250 for the crome garnish, and the wreckers dont have any??!!!
And the Calais strip at the bottom of the bumper, where the reflectors sit, $28 for the mould, and $28 for each reflector...

Im going to try ozcarparts, see what they can do..

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
And the Calais strip at the bottom of the bumper, where the reflectors sit, $28 for the mould, and $28 for each reflector...

Im going to try ozcarparts, see what they can do..

$28 bucks per reflector!?!?! Bloody hell they charge like wild bulls. If you can find cheaper let me know but might be forced to pay the $84

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah ill keep an eye out for something cheaper! lol, will let you know...

I sprayed the bootlid today, spoiler and my original number plate garnish...

The shaved rear lion looks smooth as hell!!
But the clear coat wasn't thinned enough when I sprayed it on, and its a little orange peel'y, soo tomorrow, a nice good cut back with some 1500, followed by some cutting compound, then polish.. should have it looking nice and shiney - hopefully!!

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I'd Use Finer Than 1500 maybe Like 2000/2500 Or Maybe Some Wet'n'Dry But That Will Be Your Best Bet To Get Rid Of Orange Peel But You'll Never Get Rid Of All Of It

Any Pics Man??