Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Phreddy's in Sydney, out Penrith way... Be persistant!! they do get addictive I show everyone, I love them!!

Yeah, the jurys still out on the lip spoiler, I think it might need the full bodykit to pull it off?? and im not going fibreglass again,
fibreglass + lowered = constantly repairing the bars!

I think the Acclaims came out with it painted, more of a fancy look, lol but I want a chrome one, haha

Pics eyy, well this is what happens when you be a goose!!

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83377-whooopsiieeee.jpg

^^^ Sideways into a parked car....
Ripped the rear bumper half off and snapped it bending in behind the car, so I chopped the rest of it in half with a stanely knife threw it in the boot, then drove home!

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83378-i-can-see-my-boot.jpg

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83379-what-officer-i-bought-like.jpg

^^^ Check out the fox tail, hanging from the rear view mirror....

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83380-new-panel-just-sitting-there.jpg

^^^ The new quater panel is just sitting on there, not aligned right in the pics, and boot and the door isnt shut...

I drove home from the windscreen place without it in, and no rear bar, got pulled up by the anti theft squad!! and sussed out for stealing/stripping a hottie!! pulled out the rego papers and they still didnt beleive me!!

Last edited:

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
ouch!!!! atleast you got it all figured out, so it wasnt that complicated of a repair job?
mostly just replacement parts ay like bumper n lights n glass etc

haha whats the chances of seeing anti theft squad on the road, especially when ur cars in pieces, you would have been spewing

cops: mmmmm the car is registered in your name but ahhhhh that doesnt mean anything, hmmmm ill have to check up on that one
lol cop major fail

so u located in sydney???
also is ur car an auto, theirs hardly any manual vy's around

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, yeah I know, unlucky to see the anti theft guys ayy..

I pulled the rego out and wasnt taking it too seriously, then the cops (three of them, in a BA Blue unmarked falcon) were still fairly serious, so I stepped aside with the one that was doing all the talking, told him the whole story, "I just did this 3 days ago, (the damage) and got Neg. driving for it"
I showed him the fine I still had in my wallet.. explained we just had the rear windscreen taken out to repair the quater panel, and the bumper was damaged in the accident so I removed it..

He started to believe me at this point, I think it was just looking at the other fella that was in the car with me, to help me fix it, he looks a bit rough - tatts all over him skinny, sorta dodgey looking LMAO!! and I have a biggish tatt going half way down my right bicep-forearm.. So I cant really blame them...

But yeahh I dont thing ive seen any manual Vy's, other than the 6speeds, I've seen a manual VX, my old boss used to have one, but other than that they are as rare as unicorns!!
Mines an Auto...

Im on the Central Coast, about 1.5hrs drive north of Sydney...

The repairs were pretty straight forward, the tricky bit was drilling out the spotwelds holding the old gaurd on.. trying to only drill through the top layer not the underside, ended up drilling through half of them anyway, just fill it back up with weld she's all good!! other than that, just a bumper - easy as..
The light was amazingly still intact.. I just didnt really like the rear end of the VY, how the rear bumper has the cutout bit - black plastic in the middle at the bottom, and I liked the look of the VZ Calais lights so thought if im going to do it, now is the time..!

Got out of it all done for like $500 painted.. second hand bumper, genuine taillights, genuine body panel, from holden, a big ass one in sydney, a weekend, day to get the new panel on, another day to paint it... good as new... The panel shops were all over $1000 for just the quarter repaired/replaced and another bumper - leaving the original lights in...

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
haha yeh so wasnt to hard ay

im always at the coast, ive got family living at shelley beach, i go their every holidays for a couple of weeks, love it their

mmmm yeh i wish their were more manuals around

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
what a great looking car, Mod's have made the car look sooo much nicer than stock...

Gotta love an Phreddy dash aye!

Thanks rch-13z,
Its not over the top, basically if you didnt know alot about cars - (the average joe) it could pass as stock, (except the rims) just a tidy looking car... I hope, kinda what I was going for!

Its always good to hear others like it too!!

And yeah, You CAN NOT BEAT a Phreddy-erized Dash IMHO... I love it, its like a different car at night!!

haha yeh so wasnt to hard ay

im always at the coast, ive got family living at shelley beach, i go their every holidays for a couple of weeks, love it their

mmmm yeh i wish their were more manuals around

Shelly beach is pretty nice hey, love the beaches... haven't been out that way in a while but...

Let us know when you're going to be up here, go for a cruise or a drink...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, What do you think of a VY/VZ Senator bob tail spoiler??? Im seriously thinking of getting one, possibly on the weekend, so what do you rekon??

Im not 100% sure what its going to look like, but i've always wanted one on it so im hoping it comes out looking sweet, probly debadge the bootlid while I have the paint out!! good bye lion, hello new look rear end?!!!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, I hope it does look alright?!! lol, I might've just bought one, haha,

And yeah, I've seen a few people on here saying that they look **** on anything but a senator, but after all i'm the one who has to look at it day after day... we'll see!

If it sits up too high I might be able to cut it in half, and just have half a lip spoiler, maybe mould it to the bootlid, smooth it out? Have to wait to see what it looks like sitting on there,

Fingers crossed!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ohhhhh kay..

Well good news, and not so good news...

Firstly good news = no more lion badge on the rear!! welded the holes up this arvo, quick skim of body filler to smooth it out, some primer and she looks sweet!!

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83807-do-properly-fully-welded-holes.jpg

^^^ Welded in... bumped the surround with the grinder, so it needs a paint too, if I can't get a calais surround..

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83808-after-400-wet-rub.jpg

^^^ After a 400 wet rub, I will pull it out when I paint it tomorrow, sand the inner edges that I couldn't, I needed the car soon after, and CBF removing and replacing it!!

Next up not so good news! = I drilled into my boot lid pretty much going againts what I've been saying earlier (that I prefer the cleaner look - no boot lid spoiler!) So 6 holes later - 5 for the spoiler mounts, and one for the wire i'm less than impressed with it so far!! lol,

Spoiler is in primer, hopefully spray tomorrow, and mount it up, have to wait a few days for the brake light (already ordered)

I'll probly put a bead of silastic around the base of it to help prevent boot rattles, and keep it water proof, and will most likely colour code the number plate surround, its black atm, and hopefully find a calais garnish the crome surround...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83809-senator-boot-lid-lip-spoiler.jpg

Senator lip spoiler, primed ready for a wet rub, then paint...

Last edited: