Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
yum.... Love your current and last rims too

Cheers Richie, I'm really a fan of the Super Sports, have been from day 1. Always wanted to (try) steer clear of the big Chrome rims/dinner plates.

But I still think they would look better white!! :p

they came up alright mate.. get a front badge already lol

Cheers D3. STILL don't have a front badge on it yet. Dayyyuumm! Will order one now from Egay.

They look sex!!!!

Feck yehh. ####er needs a wash bad though. And a service!

moar updates...

:hmmm: Updates...? Not really much to update hey. Been doing heaps of kays in it, needs a major service, developed a miss at idle - wants to stall almost.

Got Leads, Plugs, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Oil Filter, Oil, All 4 New Slotted Rotors - new Pads, Radiator and Oxygen Sensors. Throw that in, see if it helps the miss, if not then will go Idle/stepper motor, or Coil Packs. Maybe even a Compression test to see if there's a head gasket gone astray...

But while it keeps running there probably won't be much done with it - keep putting it off, working spastic hours means one day off a week and no energy left to work on cars... :/

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK, update!

IMG_0229.jpg

Talk about an Impulse decision...

The VY has now left my hands and 'hopefully' she finds her way into someone else's hands, that will look after her and give her the love that she needs...

Was a sad day, a very sad day - Brought a tear to my Girlfriend's eyes. It was definately not the most pleasure-able experience for me either.

Sooo many memories, so many hours work, gone.

Such Is Life...

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Whyd you get rid of the beast?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whyd you get rid of the beast?

TBH, I don't really know. :rofl2:

Combination of things really, was saving for a house, trying to find one/pick a suburb, stressing out hardcore, sick of working ALLLLLL the time, going from having an extended holiday to working 10 months 60+ hours a week, having no time to even service a car, VY needing a little work done to it, had the cash to buy all the parts, but no time to fit them, VY getting worse, Missus talking about rings and babies and stuff...

You know, just life. lmfao Sorry you asked? :p

Started looking at VZ Clubby's and the like, figured while I'm upgrading may as well make it worth while; Because when the house comes there probably won't be a chance for a few years...

He got a 2008 VE Senator Signature.

Oh, and that ^^ :rofl2:

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
So did you get the thieves?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh, sort of, the cops arrested two of the blokes in the car at the time of the chase, but they got a slap on the wrist as far as I know (they crashed it into a tree down a side street).

There was a semi/auto hand gun in the back passenger seat and evidence it was used in multiple armed robberies around the Sydney area, post office, pubs, etc. In those robberies they also had a shotgun... Nice get away car heh..

So not sure about all that side of it, I know one of them tried to say "the owner of the car gave us permission to have it..." or some crap like that, which I denied.
Just turns out you can't have nice things without some braindead #### taking the easy way out and stealing it off you.

On the plus side, a witness apparently said "You should've heard it, the car sounded unreal as they fled the scene and sped away from police..."
Dam straight it would've, it sounded sweet as fck leaving work every afternoon too..! :rofl2: