Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vy Commodore Radio turns on full volume

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Hi There,

Just after a little help with my factory fitted radio in my Vy commodore. It regulary turns on full ball
and occasionally will die for a second or two when you flash high beam. The main thing that annoys
me is the volume problem, so any help or advise on this would be appreciated.
Should also add the head unit is a Blaupunkt and has had a sub and amp added.

Last edited:

tallvy2berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Berlina hail damaged
what amp have you added as i am looking to add one my vyII berlina

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Comment above that's not really relivant

The stereo will cut out with headlights or if it's up too loud Cos it's drawing so much power and the sub is sucking alot of power, pretty sure that a capacitor(how ever theor spelt) between battery and amp will fix that

Sterio on full blast;
Does it happen randomly or just whn u turn the car on does it go full straight away?

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
[jonnoo];1822029 said:
Comment above that's not really relivant

The stereo will cut out with headlights or if it's up too loud Cos it's drawing so much power and the sub is sucking alot of power, pretty sure that a capacitor(how ever theor spelt) between battery and amp will fix that

Sterio on full blast;
Does it happen randomly or just whn u turn the car on does it go full straight away?

Happens totally randomlybut only when you first turn it on. You turn it on sometimes and it will be fine and other times will come on full blast , turning on and off a few times can usually sort it out, but totally annoying