Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Equipe

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Good stuff man. How is the stereo sounding? Done your big 3 upgrade yet?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
paint the stockers silver imo.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
paint the stockers silver imo.

eh then I'd have to pull them off and paint them...cbf
Plus i like the look of black ceptors with black centrecaps

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Nice audio setup. Makes me want to spend more money on mine instead of lowering. Can't have the low pass on my sub higher than 100Hz cos that's the highest high pass I can put on the front speakers for the moment. I put the sub up to 120 the other day which is closer to where I want it and it sounded ****.
Which brings me to my question. What's the go with running speakers in parallel? My idea was to get a new pair of splits for the front and run them off the same channels that power the 6x9's. The other 2 channels are bridged into the sub. Would that work?

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Good stuff man. How is the stereo sounding? Done your big 3 upgrade yet?
Totally missed your post sweefu, sorry haha.
Nah not yet waiting on that all important tax return :)

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Nice audio setup. Makes me want to spend more money on mine instead of lowering. Can't have the low pass on my sub higher than 100Hz cos that's the highest high pass I can put on the front speakers for the moment. I put the sub up to 120 the other day which is closer to where I want it and it sounded ****.
Which brings me to my question. What's the go with running speakers in parallel? My idea was to get a new pair of splits for the front and run them off the same channels that power the 6x9's. The other 2 channels are bridged into the sub. Would that work?
Wait...what kind of sub do you have man? Because I don't think you are supposed to play subs at +100hz...my subs only have a range of 20 - 100 and I run the high pass filter at 80hz. So my speakers play all higher freqs and subs play the lower...once I have the 4 channel amp in I'll fine tune the speakers...and get rid of the 6x9's for 6's.
I dunno if that would work mate..you trying to run them in parallel to lower the Impedance?..my 2 cents. Have your 4 channel running ya splits and 6x9's and get a mono block for your sub. That way everything gets adequate power and runs smooth.
Im sure it can be done but I would just get another amp for ya sub...or sell your current amp and get a hybrid 5 channel amp if that's what you're after?

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
My current projector conversion. Using morimo projectors...I think that's how it's Spelt lol. Pretty much a straight bolt in with a bit of cutting and I also bolted a hid 4300k kit on aswell. Not quite finished but here is a sneak peak of one finished and the parkers on
image-9.jpg

image-8.jpg

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
haha yeah I had all the right tools for the job man. angle grinder didn't fit in the photo unfortunately

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Awesome retrofit mate, looks like a top job! Looking forward to seeing more progress on them ;)