Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY II Berlina

G

GzGenIII

Yes indeed it's a 5.7 litre :) It sounds like one at last since I got a new exhaust system from the catalitic convertor back installed last Friday.

As for V6 all VY's even the late models have the 3.8 Ecotec not the new 3.6 Allotec V6.

Someone over the weekend has managed to put a scrape the little shelf at the back of the boot, pisses me off that clowns have nothing better to do then damage other people property. It looks deliberate as in you couldn't do by accident with keys or something. Also to set of marks on the plastic strip that goes along the left side front door panel. They also looks like someone got 2 close to my car. I know their just little things but pisses me considering I've only had this car for month and I know when I've been driving I haven't come close to hitting anything so these things must be happening when it's parked. :mad:

wonder if I can get touch up paint or something to fix the appearance of the boot one at least. Will have to find out.

G

GzGenIII

Kenster84 said:
nice rim are you going to change the muffer as well?

The muffler has already been changed :) One picture shows a nice twin exhaust which is a 2.5" dual system back to the cats. It sounds like a v8 now :) I'm stoked!

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
GzGenIII said:
The muffler has already been changed :) One picture shows a nice twin exhaust which is a 2.5" dual system back to the cats. It sounds like a v8 now :) I'm stoked!
:cry: i sooo want to be in your car when its on the road i want to hear the engine roar like a pure animal

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah nice work GzGenIII, nice ride indeed.

Just get it lowered! :)

She sits up too high at the moment - 2 inches all round would be nice. Personally I reckon thats all you need to do to it & not worry about body kits etc. But thats just me...

Doesnt that piss you off about the scratches etc? :ranting: Some people have no respect for other people's pride & joy. I always say, there's a lot of things you can do to a man, but just dont *#$@ with his woman or his automobile !! :yeah:

I always take my time looking for the best car spot where nobody is likely to damage the car - even when it means walking for a couple of minutes to get where Im going. So far no damage yet in 2 years (touch wood) except for those DAMN stone chips!!! :ranting:

G

GzGenIII

davey g-force said:
Just get it lowered! :)

She sits up too high at the moment - 2 inches all round would be nice. Personally I reckon thats all you need to do to it & not worry about body kits etc. But thats just me...

I am looking into getting it lowered now. Right now the way I see it is it may cost me a whole lot of dough at once but at least everything will basically be done. I got a quote from Pedders Keswick (Adelaide) today for $1,420 to get 4x Pedders Springs + 4x Pedders GRS Shocks + Lowered + Wheel's Re-aligned + Everything fitted. Fair price?

I've been told I can only lower it 35mm legally?

As for body kits the only thing I might consider is the skirting the VY/VZ Calias have. Simple yet still stylish but even if I do that it won't be a for a while. After the lowering the next allocation of funds will be for finishing the exhaust off (2.5" right through + extractors + new high flo cats).

Anyway thanks for your comments!

Last edited by a moderator: