Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY SS First Impressions

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
G'day All,
I bought a VY2 SS 2 weeks ago and just wanted to give everyone my impressions on it..
I will first say that the VYSS is a huge step up for me as our old car was VS Exec.. Yes I know the power difference is close to 100kw but what i have noticed is that the SS doesnt need much of a press on the loud pedal to get it up to the speed limit.. I've also noticed the accelerator pedal is heavier then the VS you can feel it when you press it down.
The interior is way ahead of the VS the SS seats are unbelievable more comfortable and heaps more support no more leaning around corners..
I love the dash set up as well, I was never a fan of the green dash lights in the VS but I love the VY specially those light purple needles..
The SS handles like its on rails, on the way to and from Bathurst last weekend I pushed it through corners quite a lot faster then I would be game to in the vs no tyre squeal no nothing.. The difference blew me away I think the FE2 suspension with the 18inch tyres is a great combination, I have read that some people find the FE2 a bit hash for suburban driving but compared to the vs with worn springs and shocks it rides heaps better..
So far when I drive it I'm averaging around 17.5l per 100km but I havent been too shy in giving it a bit of the mark, at least I'm not as bad as my missus I got in the car the other day after she had been driving it and it was 21l per 100km.. On the freeway with the cruise on it got down to 13.8l per 100km..
I am bloody wrapped in the VY and I'm bloody glad we bought it if anyone is looking at buying one go for it..
Some pics can be found here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2457770

Cheers,

Wayne

azn_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS M6
nice ride how much did you pay for it ?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
fuel economy will be improved with a tune/exhaust and intake system

and unleash that hidden power.

good to hear that your happy with the car thou..

azn_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS M6
mate thats not a bad price mate back in 2004 i paid 46300 drive away including leather tint towbar and 3rd party and registeration before vz was released.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
28k aint to bad with stamp duty.

just dont take note of how much u spend on making it go faster, u dont want to know, i sort ov lost count, and dont really want to know either.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Nice car, $28,000 seems a good price. Doesn't the VY SS come with a 2.5 inch exhaust standard?

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
umm possibly but its not a straight flow performance exhaust as far as i know, as a fair chunk of vyss' ive seen havent sounded like they could/should

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
good choice of car, bad choice of color; Even though the black looks nice, you will be forever washing and polishing. ;)
I have a VY HBD in black. looks nearly identical to yours, and I have to wash it nearly every day!!! I swear that the
next car I get won't be black. Heres a link to my car http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=27258

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport