Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

tripple

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz and wh
cool, i joined the ls1 forums, then did the e-mail acto thing, but couldnt read anything, keep saying i had to wait for a addmin to actavite my acount
then i got a e-mial a few days later saying my account had been deleted cause i didnt meet there standerds
so i cant be assed joining them if i got to get a jumbo jet licince to join
so whats this mod they doing with the lights???
and id love to see ya sound clip of ya new zorst

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer i think ya need a v8 to get in with those boys ha, but i got in some how lol

yer the mod is where you tahe headlight out wack it in the oven for a bit so the glue melts a bit and you pull it apart and get the chrome piece around lights and give that a spray with matt black paint then stick her all back together and bingo ss lights lol. Ill copy the post and past it here.

Yer got a clip it doesn't sound exactly the same but sorta. internet was down at home so will get it up with the pics of the ute lowered. So will be soon

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Ute lowered..probably not as low as I wanted but hopwfully will drop a bit when it settles maybe :) also i have just the standard shocks in and was thinking if i changed them to short ones would this allow it to drop a bit lower as I would've thought there would be a fair amount of pressure in the standard shocks on SSL's, sort of resricting it from going as low as the spring should take it? i dunno just thought SSL's would at least sit the wheel arc on the tyre

Thinking about painting my engine cover white on the weekend what do people think? I've seen a white vy ss ute with its covers and otr painted white and looked pretty cool so yer might do this I reckon, anyhtings better than the gay silver colour! :D

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Hey guys got some pics or ya haven't got a good one of the ute lowered but have got a few of the exhaust etc and also got a video.

Also painted me engine cover white and looks heaps better!

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4136-25032009086.jpg

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4135-25032009085.jpg

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4134-25032009080.jpg

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4133-25032009083.jpg

The old exhaust

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4132-25032009084.jpg

and heres the video YouTube - VY ute exhaust

Let me know what you think :D

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Sounds good. Is the system a straight swap over from the standard V6 exhaust? Can you get a longer clip and maybe even some on road action? Cabin sound too? What exactly is involved in doing the swap? Did you get the system from ebay or holden?

Sorry for all the questions but it sounds great for the money and isn't to loud so hopefully won't attract too much fuzz attention being on my P's.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Sounds good. Is the system a straight swap over from the standard V6 exhaust? Can you get a longer clip and maybe even some on road action? Cabin sound too? What exactly is involved in doing the swap? Did you get the system from ebay or holden?

Sorry for all the questions but it sounds great for the money and isn't to loud so hopefully won't attract too much fuzz attention being on my P's.

haha thats alright, well its not a straight swap over for the vy coz usually the vy's only have the one cat. mine had 2 as its one of the last of the series 2's so made it a bit easier but as you can see in the 4th pic they had to make up a couple of pipes to joint it. So if you have only one cat ya'd have to pic up some either v6 s/c cats or v8 ones and either weld it up yourself or get them to do it. All up to get the extra bits made plus the exhaust plus labour and a few extra rubbers cost me about 170 which isn't too bad anyway for a stainless mandrel exhaust.

Got the system from the local exhaust joint. i was suprised they had about 20 of em lol so yer an exhaust shop should have one but ebay etc have them as well.

I might try taping me phone to the towbar or something to get a clip of it driving :D will make sure its on properly as the phone is worth 1500 lol :whistling

As for cabin sound all i can really here is the strokes of the engine no drone at all which is what im real happy with!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm pretty sure my car is a twin cat as I thought all VYII's were. It's a 10/03 build so I think it's twin cat. So I could just go into an exhaust place and say I want a SS system on my V6 and they would do all the install for $170? Sounds pretty good.

Might look into it when I get my P's.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Yer just have a check under the car to make sure.

I'd firstly go into the shop and ask if they've got any stock exhausts lying round and tell them what you want done. so yer should be between 150 - 200 depending on how much they charge you for labour.

Make sure when getting it to get an exhaust without the squash marks i was under mine yesterday and found they gave me one with a squash mark but yer can always just buy another shouldn't affect it 2 much