Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey DUK13Y,

My VY is a SerII and it only had one cat, with a 'y' piece connecting the manifolds just before the cat...
Its a 2003, not sure on the build month..

And Sam my exhaust has the squash marks in it too, just on one pipe, I wasnt sure if you could get them with out them?? maybe able too, not too sure... its just for clearance on the driveshaft/control arm thingo..!! haha

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Hey DUK13Y,
My VY is a SerII and it only had one cat, with a 'y' piece connecting the manifolds just before the cat...

Looks like I'm gonna have to stick my head under the car then. Shouldn't be a big deal. Just get a Y piece after the cat or get the cats off the SS and get rid of the Y piece all together.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Ahh hopefully yours has twin cats then, it'l save a little mucking around,

but if not look in the VY exhaust thread, about post #332, page 13/14?? I think, lol.. the second last photo in it, is looking down from the front, I got a set of twin cats from the wreckers, $80 each, then cut the original 'Y' piece welded on some flanges and good as new!!

The cats were off something like a VX? maybe VY, the guy didnt know, but they were attached to a HSV exhaust, its identical to look at as the SS one, but instead of having 'HOLDEN' stamped in it, it has 'HSV' stamped on the middle mufflers..

Hope that helps a little..

Sorry for filling up your thread Sam!! lol,

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
nar she's right yer i think the only difference with the hsv is the stamp and the pipe is 2.5" maybe but not sure.

Oh and yer I think the VU's didnt come with the squash mark because they had more restricted cats, I think in the VY SS the cats got changed to higher flow ones so they had to cut the power some how lol "lets squash a pipe in half! that'll do it!!" lol

Also I didnt get that video I could find anything to stick it on the back and feel confident that it would stay there! Ill do it soon though :yeah:

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Yeah I was looking at the the other day but if I bought it my parents would go ape ****. I really want it as I know its a great buy but I don't even have my P's yet so all modification of the car is off limits even though my dad sorta wants to do the mod himself.

With that system, what modification is needed to mount it?

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
depending on the cat set up you have will determine that. If it has the twin cats you will only have to do what i've done in the pic above but if you only have the single cat have a chat with Josh - Zuessy as his done this and knows more than I do about it :D

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Rito guys got a few pics of the ute lowered and have got another video which ill put up tonight hopefully

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4291-30032009098.jpg

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4290-30032009099.jpg

Still needs to be lower!!!! :bang:

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4289-30032009100.jpg

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
oh not a work ute but yer will have a bike in there and surfboards swags gear etc in it so yer. think i might check over the bushes etc in the front coz that might be causing it to saga bit. so new bushes in the front would lift it back up to the right height. levelling it out nicely :yeah:

I would like it to tuck or at least be level with the guard but anyway good enough. I want a bike now :D