Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
how do u adjust the lights do u just unscrew the bolt and push the light around??
i pushed it so it is up a bit more but when looking at the wall the right light doesn't seem to be as white?? i dunno who's got some new headlights for me!!! :yeah:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Theres two adjusters on either light, im not sure what colour they are on the VY's, (I havent adjusted mine yet??!!) I think they are little black nobs/ or 10mm nuts, just turn it either way, and watch the light move up and down,
I think you can see them from the top of the light with the bonnet open, there is cut outs in the radiator support, to allow you to adjust them.. if not there, at the back of the light, facing upwards, maybe one in the radiator support panel, and one from behind?!

Do you have a multimeter?? you can do a few tests, on either light to see if they have the same voltage getting to them, and the same resistance in the earth circuit, it maybe could even be a dodgey relay half burnt out/corroded, try swapping the relays over from right headlight to left, in the fuse box under the bonnet.. see if the dull light changes over to the left..

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer!!! haha i didnt see the screw type things behind the headlight. i thought that u just moved the that grey plate thing around but didnt think it was right but yer go em adjusted right now so won't look like scum anymore haha. thanks for the healp man!

U got that exhaust changed yet? I wanna do mine soon i need a bitta noise!! :D

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
No props bud, lol, yeah once you know what you're looking for you can find them easy, did that make a difference??

Nahh no changes to the exhaust yet, still the stock SS one, dont know which to change, the middle's or the rear??!!
I'm thinking the middle's, but dont really want to do it incase it sounds too loud/droney?

Which one are you thinking of changing??

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
im thinking about just changing the rear, as it'll proli be the easiest and cheapest because the fronts would be hard to just change as the pipe is'nt lined up. like one end of the muffler the pipe goes in on the right side and on the other end the pipe comes out on the side side but proli do the rear section.

He said they could do one for about $200, so just wondering whether 2 hot dogs would be the go or a small straight thru muffler. i think the muffler would be better for cutting out drone :D

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh yeah, thats probly the way to go, I forgot what they looked like - the pipes offset on the mufflers..
Are you thinking of doing that soon?? lol, I want to know how it sounds, haha...

Hmm, not sure which would be better, probly like you said the straight through muffler, to help keep the drone down, but still open it up a little..

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer well hopefully soon when some funds free up. :D got a few bills 2 pay at the moment haha ill let ya know how it goes