Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
haha yer it nearly does except the a is up side down! would've been beta if it read mas then in the rear view mirror it would say sam ha, but nar just came like that pretty cool ey? am gonna debadge it this weekend i think :yeah:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Haha... Custom plates here we come aye!..

Yeah de-badging it would be nice - even cleaner.. but not sure if you know already, the big holden badge on the tailgate has two little holes under it, ones about 3mm round, and the other ones like an oval shape, 3mm x 4/5mm... they need to be welded in, but then you have to paint the tail gate.. You can just leave the holes in there, cant really see them unless you're close up, (or just leave the centre badge on) The other ones on the tailgate and gaurds dont have any holes under them..

(Said it before but...) Its a real nice looking ute, I always wanted the VY ute, but at the auctions when I got my sedan, they wanted like $7000 more for a ute... thought ehh nupp..

There is a good write up on debadging, if you havn't done it before, in the DIY section.. pretty easy though..

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Yer thanks for the advise won't be doing the holden badges just the s & v6 etc.

just went down to repco and bought some prepsol so all ready! just gotta wait for the driveway to be poured so I can wash me ute, as you can see in the pics its just dirt round the house lol so not much point washing it yet. should be done friday! gotta work sat morning (BIG $$ :yeah:) then ill do it after that!
gotta ring the exhaust dude too.

hmm custom plates dunno mite get them for a bday present or something. I went in and priced a set of slim line black jobs and they wanted $130 for the smaller piece of metal lol. imagine what sort of mark up is on that! :ranting:

$7000!!! yer well I only paid 18 lol..was thinking about going to the auctions but couldn't be bothered.

What else do you think I can do to it for free that'll make it a bit beta?

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
debadged boys!! looks awesome! nice and clean!! also had a bit of fun this arvo and plan to sunday as well! will get the pics and vids up soon!! :yeah:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh beautiful!!

Pics for sure.. (de-badged) Vids as well! (of your fun in it!)

What did you get up to over the w/e?? did you have some fun in the ute??!!!

Yeah, when I bought my commy, like 4 years ago for $15,400 (auctions) they wanted like $22,000 for a ute of the same age, with higher kms!!! I couldn't justify the price jump, so I stuck with the sedan..
Thats not too bad - your ute price.. they are worth the bit extra in my eyes.. look beautiful!

Not too sure about the free mods though, thats about where im upto with mine, done the two hole mod, debadged, got the cheap SS exhaust, and a nice stereo, and Phreddy-erised dash - other than that, its just about stock.. been trying to come up with cheap/free things to do to it for a while.. just looking into polishing it to get a better shine off it, thats about all I could come up with!!
Might start on the interior soon - try and cover it in seude? or velour.. (black) I think it should be pretty straight forward but not game to start it!!

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
heres some pictures and the video!
I organised some stockies or the weekend and you can guess the rest! ;)

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4002-debadged.jpg

Here me new little pup 2!!

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4001-debadged.jpg

white-vyii-albums-ute-picture4000-debadged.jpg

heres the video. sorry bout the quality it was done on me mates phone.

YouTube - vy ute burnout

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahaaaa!!! thats the stuff..

That was on a private road/driveway wasn't it?
Its just some goody two shoes on here will probly report it if they think its breaking the law or something.. (don't want to see you get any infractions)

They 'dobbed' me in for apparently illegal street racing!!! draging a mate on my uncles driveway... haha..

Anyway back to the photos!! yeah that looks better, nice and clean, looks like you did a good job on em..
Cute pup too, im hopefully going to get a staffie pup off my mate.. if I can convince some one it'd be a good idea - security wise to have a dog around the house!!!

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
haha nice was gonna get a staffy but thought nar need something quicker so got a stag hound whippet.

As for the video it was done at a mates private property on their farm they've got a seal road on it so all legal. I wouldn't have put it on youtube if it was on public roads! lol

But yer the debadging come up real good in the right light you can just see where they were but can't really see em just needs a good cut and polish and it should be right! Oh and the debadging was too easy took about 5 minutes all up! that prepsol is good stuff!!

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Ute has been booked in on wednesday morning to get the dual exhaust fitted up, proli could do it myself but need to make some pieces up and cant be stuffed so thought i'd just let them do it (support local business yer? ha)

depending on the price I may just get them to put hot dogs in the rear section instead of the massive muffler as ill miss the sound of mine lol.
If I remember Ill take a before and after of the 2 exhausts for you all. but you can hear it a bit in the video i've got in post #16

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Hi Guys
Does anyone have a, perferrably white, Vy SS front bar, would like it with foggies but doesn't worry me.
Cant justify buying one from holden for 300 then getting it painted for another 200.
Cheers