Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Not too sure on the ss front bar, but have you rang around the wreckers?? but they'l probly want more than holden though!

Exhaust tomorrow hey, have you asked them how much to do the hotdogs on the rear? keen to hear it..

Nice bit about supporting your local businesses too, haha especially in this economic crisis!!

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Ill have to check the wreckers out see if they've even got one lol

Yer exhaust should be getting fitted as we speak! asked about a new rear section with hotdogs and he said it would cost about $200 so might leave it for now :)

Also gettin the ute lowered 2mora just swapping the SL's in the rear to SSL's should sit nice and level then :D will get some pics up when its all done.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Be sure to get a video of your new exhaust. Seems that the SS zorsts are the talk of the V6 town.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Yer well I cant see many negatives bout it being $50 stainless mandrel bent dual, just need to change the rear ressi for some sound! will lets ya's know

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Exhaust is on! feels good. after having a loud exhaust on it before, it was a bit wierd on start up didnt think it was going! lol
But yer actually sounds more bubbly sorta but obviously its not loud..when you give it some gas its more of a grudley sound lol but yer Im happy with it feels real smooth! will need to change the rear muffer to a straight through one or something to get more sound but as for performance it feels nice and open now :D compared standard it'd be a fair difference

Will get a clip tonight but doubt it will make you wanna go get one lol looks cool though!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Would you recommend the standard 2.5" or the SS system? Clip would be great. I can hardly find any decent clips of VY's with their zorsts done.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
We'll the standard ss exhaust is twin 2.25" if you went twin 2.5 i think it'd be a bit overkill lol but over the old single 2.5 i feel it flows better.

As for the clip it will probably sound crap lol as its just the standard exhaust but does sound better than a stock v6

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
nice car ..and sorry if its already been mentioned but whats the deal with your headlights? they look good but are they the ss ones or what?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Haha...

So you rekon it flows better too?.. I think it has given it something (to mine) probly not alot, but it seems to pull nicely up a hill,

And adz, LOL, whats the deal with them, no deal, they're just lights... haha
Yeah my guess is they are SS style ones, they look the same as mine!!

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
well not exactly sure on the lights whether they're ss style ones or not. I think this mod has been done to them pretty simple Australian LS1 and Holden Forums
Works the same on vy's. I was going to do this then checked out me lights and they were already black lol

as for the exhaust I reckon it does flow pretty good actually sounds alright when you stand behind it, I got me old man to give it a few revs and actually sounds louder than what it does in the cab, so im pretty happy with it now :yeah: