Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VY11 SS Crewy

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
just had a dig then;

QUOTE CAPA WEBSITE;

Crewman Fuel Tank, Now Available 22nd April, 2004
Have you ever wanted to lower your Crewman, Cross8 or Adventra? Be aware that lowering the rear axle will bring the tailshaft in contact with the fuel tank, being plastic it doesn't take long to wear through. Our new aluminium fuel tank sits higher off the ground than the factory unit, allowing you to lower your car by more than 3 inches.

Recommended Retail is $1085.00 inc. GST.

picture here:http://www.capa.com.au/pics/news_crewman_tank.jpg

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thanks for that m5vt2. Hadnt heard of that prob before, but i had better look into it before i do it. I have 3 sets of blocks for the rear to choose from, 1 1/2, 2 and 3 inch.

korny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss crewman
my crewman

ive just started to do my crewman up full exhaust air intake and maf tune made 209 rwkw, now trying to find out what else i can get done to make her a bit quicker with out spending to much, u can lower ure crewman as i did i lowered it 2 inches in the rear sits alot better now pretty much even with the front u cant go any more then 2 inches though as it hits on the tail shaft sumthing along those lines anyways

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
just got my new mirror on friday
mirror055.jpg

mirror054.jpg

new rear springs are on the way pics next weekend

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
dont know if you can tell in this pic but i have put my new rear springs in. it now sits about 1 and 3/4 inches lower in the rear. will get a better pic friday after i give it a bath.
car001.jpg

macka

MCBUTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute 6Spd
hey how do you make your dash that blueish colour or was it just like that?

YZ250

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS CREWMAN
when i looked into buying a crewy i remember reading that when u lower them u need to be careful that the axle doesnt come into contact with the fuel tank. i saw on a web site that someone installed a custom fuel tank just to have it lowered.? it kinda put me off them but i have seen a few lowered since then. Have u or anyone heard about this problem?

Love ya work m8.

It's quite true about lowering of a Crewman however you can get them alot lower than is being suggested, I had mine lowered all around by Pedders and am only running 17's currently so when I put the 19" on will come down further.
Link to my car, look towards the end of the post http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/147234-black-vz-ss-crewman.html

Last edited: