Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

- My VZ Clubby 6L M6 -

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Still haven't got my shifter.. about 2 weeks late.. on another note I got my NOSMAN that i ordered the day after the other day.
So now the clubby is running NOS. Goes harder already :p

Had to get the HSV badge in the picture :D Sent it to "Street FX Motorsport & Graphics" and people love the picture haha.
nosman.jpg

Toys and Novelty

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Good times for a first go. What tires were u running?

Just some random tyre brand "Falken" Ive never really used before. They were on the car when I got it haha. When I race in the future or at least when I get more power from the mods I plan on doing, I'll most likely spend the money on some semi slicks and try for a good time. Maybe even put the standard springs in for the races so it can squat a bit instead of arcing up the wheels. By then hopefully I'll have way more practice anyway :p. Selling my commodore soon which will provide most the money for the mods. hopefully mods can all be done this year if I get it sold within the next few months. Keen as mustard!!

I'm thinking of using this as my buying order over time - Shifter (arriving soon) > Full Exhaust > Diff & gears > OTR (not fitted until tune obviously) > Heavy Duty Clutch > Cam & Tune (with otr fitted). Then all the little nice things like touch up paint, Calais Tail lights and maybe white LED interior lights. The clutch is fine but I wanna do it before it gets the cam because I've seen them get the cam and when they've tuned it trying to get the HP read out the clutch slips and that would suck ass..
What clutches does everyone run in their 400+ HP cars? I'm interested in knowing some good brands people like. I'll be doing a bit of research before buying and fitting one.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Mcloud in mine. Feels good, easy on the street.

Verse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 5spd, VT S2
Clean looking clubby especially being manual VZ.
Agree with everyone else. The Calais lights would set it off.

guyver6

Reaction score
Website
mmgn.com
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Nice Clubby mate looks good in silver, I have a yellow VZ R8 myself and used to own a silver VS (similar silver) which I fitted charcoal colour wheels too. If my Clubby was that colour I'd put some darker coloured wheels on it, black, charcoal or something along those lines. I think sliver over black looks real good.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I've had the Tex Z-Grip. Took some getting use to on the street. Mate has had 2 or 3 over a few years with a sh!t load of drag passes on each.
He said his latest one is very streetable. Said they've changed material compound makeup and it's more street friendly.