Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ monaro

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Nice ride. I've got a '03 CV8R , they come standard with 245kw, but it's had a SS cai, not worth a great deal of power but better than stock, a full exhaust system and a mafless tune. On a cranking hot day it made 220kw at the wheels on 95 octane Caltex fuel. A mild day with 98 octane would've helped the numbers but it gives a ballpark figure anyway. Go down to Sureflo and tell 'em you want a full system with headers and 2 1/2 inch system with no resonator. Get one of their otrcai and a mafless tune. They've got a Dyno Dynamics Shoot out dyno.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
Nice ride. I've got a '03 CV8R , they come standard with 245kw, but it's had a SS cai, not worth a great deal of power but better than stock, a full exhaust system and a mafless tune. On a cranking hot day it made 220kw at the wheels on 95 octane Caltex fuel. A mild day with 98 octane would've helped the numbers but it gives a ballpark figure anyway. Go down to Sureflo and tell 'em you want a full system with headers and 2 1/2 inch system with no resonator. Get one of their otrcai and a mafless tune. They've got a Dyno Dynamics Shoot out dyno.

thats some good numbers,

i ended up going for a full stainless twin 3inch and a slight maf tune and it made around 315rwhp which im happy about when i go back for a few more bolt ons, such as air intake, rockers, valve springs and udp should get it going harder again

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
how would a stockish monaro go against my stockish vy ss?

it all depends, auto vs manual whats has been done etc etc.

if we were talking about a standard vy series I ss thats 235kw (or the 245kw for the series II) and a standard vz monaro thats 260kw you would say the monaro, but each motor is different...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
how much does the monaro weigh?
Just checked, is about 1.6 tonne. SS is about 1.5tonne.