Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Nah meant wazza, but goodluck with your polishing once you get the gear. Tapatalk is a forum app. You can sign in to forums brings up new posts and stuff really good to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
No drama man. I love it compared to using web browser on my phone.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Yeah it's a nice car, mums really happy with it. Got a bit of torque for a v6 too.

The polishings going good Andy. I've finished all the panels except the ones that need flowcoating because i cut through. They're all rubbed down and ready to go for Saturday. So I'll spray them up Saturday, then hopefully in a few weeks it will all be polishes and back together! I miss it and want to drive it haha. The vp is too slow!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks sweet i always wanted a vz Calais. Slammed with some black 20's haha I'm sure she will love it.

Haha yeah I went through a stage where I wanted one too. An ls1. The only problem is you can't get them in manual! So that idea was out.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Same problem for me wanted manual. That's why I got the clubby over a senator.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
If you live in a small country town then eBay is your friend!

Here's a cutting compound that isn't too coarse but will easily shine up your fadded areas. But it won't remove scratches too quickly. By the sound of it though you don't need to.

http:// http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Perfect-It-Rubbing-Compound-16-ounce-39060-/230838951809?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item35bf12df81&_uhb=1

Here's some 3m swirl remover

http:// http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRADESMEN-QUALITY-3M-Perfect-it-3-Swirl-Mark-Remover-/360752263013?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fe82af65&_uhb=1

As for wax I'd probably recommend 3m aswell but you can probably just use whatever. I know the 3m stuff is a bit pricey but it pays off because with the cheaper repco stuff the ammount of times you have to repeat the proccess to pruduce the same quality as a good brand is ridiculous. Plus a little bit of the 3m will go allot further than a cheaper brand. So if you splash out once for the good stuff you will have enough to keep your car looking good for as long as you own it and probably still have some left for your next car. It's all up to you though of course just my recommendation. I used to use whatever was in dads garage then when I started working as a painter and was using industry standard stuff it was like a "where have you been all my life!" Moment haha.

damn links won't work-lol,will see what I can find

cheers for the info again

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well tried to paint my car today and for some reason there's little white chunks/specs in the basecoat now. So I have to get some more paint and re do the blends. What a ####ing nightmare, something really doesn't want me to finish this god damn car. :mad: :mad: :mad:

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Devo I hate when you go in on a weekend and just want things to go smoothly, they rarely do.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Devo I hate when you go in on a weekend and just want things to go smoothly, they rarely do.

Why do things always seem to go bad when you're working on your own car? Not at work where you still get payed to fix it! Anything that can #### up will #### up. Shits me!