Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
cheers mate!I had to paint a few panels recently due to a bit of a prang I had. No major damage just a new guard. Gave the whole car a full buff though and it has certainly gave it a lift. Wish I had the motivation to do it more often haha. Only trouble I'm having atm is with the tigharse ebay short shifter. Its very loose and sloppy which is anoying. so might take it out and see if anyhting can be done otherwise I'll just piff it and get a better one.

IMAG0239_zps32pt8w7o.jpg

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
cheers mate!I had to paint a few panels recently due to a bit of a prang I had. No major damage just a new guard. Gave the whole car a full buff though and it has certainly gave it a lift. Wish I had the motivation to do it more often haha. Only trouble I'm having atm is with the tigharse ebay short shifter. Its very loose and sloppy which is anoying. so might take it out and see if anyhting can be done otherwise I'll just piff it and get a better one.

IMAG0239_zps32pt8w7o.jpg

I've got the a rip shifter in mine, tbh you can't beat it! It takes all the slop out and makes gear changes so much more direct. I've also got the hsv short shifter fitted which does make it a little harder to shift but looks a lot better in the car.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well found out the shifter was sloppy because a bolt was loose. I just assumed it was poor quality. It ended up falling out on the way home last Friday lol. Pulled over and managed to get it in 4th and got it to my mates. Taking off in fourth must have been great for my clutch haha. Anyway put a new bolt in and it nice and tight now.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20170616_155238_zpszf8lta4j.jpg

Well gave it a good wash and wax today still looks nice and clean.

I haven't had the greatest luck with tyres lately. I hit a bad pot hole and it damaged the tyre and a few thousand K's later it developed a bulge and I had to get it changed. Another tyre was worn from camber and had to be replaced too. So I got the new tyres on and had all 4 wheels aligned.

Says allot for the genuine Holden rims though even with all the bad pot holes and all the tyre fitter said they balanced up good with no damage to the rims. So she is all nice and smooth now.