Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Got a 2.5inch xforce catback on friday. the place i bought it from gave me a ute one grrr! They get in new stock tomorrow so i can swap it over.

12-C822F1A8-691161-800_zps94375c57.jpg

Also got a Ramjet otr. got it running maffed till i get a tune. She's all fitted up just have to cut a hole in the radiator cover. will post a pic tomorrow.

12-220034CE-338322-800_zps4bf25cee.jpg

Going to get my hands on some 4 into 1's and high flow cats soon. then i'll start saving for a cam and tune.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Where ru located? Can I buy ur old exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Where ru located? Can I buy ur old exhaust?

Sorry buddy my new ones pretty loud so i want to keep it for if or when i get a defect haha.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Righty, so i finally got the correct exhaust after they ordered in a second ute exhaust for me!

IMAG0278_zpsd7fb7916.jpg

IMAG0279_zpsf26ac9b5.jpg

IMAG0281_zps37a3b9fa.jpg

Only trouble i had was with the tips due to my own stupidity really lol. Firstly i tack welded them on so the Xforce logo would have been facing down. Managed to get the off again and weld them on the correct way. So i went to put the tailpiece on and they were sticking out by about 4 inches. Back to the garage to get the tips off again grrr! So got the tips off, cut 3.5 inches off the pipes then welded them back on and third time Bobs your uncle!

Doesn't sound as good as some exhausts but i'm overall pleased with the quality seeing as i got it for $300. Is allot louder than i expected!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also installed my Ramjet last friday night.

IMAG0263_zps3bcb2963.jpg

Draught, most importand tool when working on any vehicle!

IMAG0264_zpsb840bbd7.jpg

Gave the throttle body a squirt with some carby cleaner while i was at it.

IMAG0280_zps9fd8dc5a.jpg

Ramjet leave a hole in the side of the intake for you IAC, give you a piece of hose to extend the old one and say goodluck!
So on saturday morning i melted a bit of plastic wrapped it around a pencil, jammed it into the end of my hose to give it the perfect shape and then let it set. really wanted to plastic weld it onto the intake but i could not find the soldering iron anywhere! so i mixed up some plastic repair power goo and stuck it on with that. Put a hose clamp on there and it's good as gold. It was idling at about 1500rpm for a while then it settled down and the powertrain error went away. (error came up when i moved the car before i was finished)

Radiator cut out is a little rough after a few draughts! oops

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
extractors_zps076e7efe.png

Got some 4 into 1's and some high flow cats! Bought them off Not an abba fan for $100 cheaper than i could find anywhere else. Cant wait to fit these baby's up! I'll get it tuned after that. Will have to wait a while before I can get a cam because i want to get all the valve components redone and need a while to save. Lifters, rods, spring and chain (damn DOD). Also might consider a better intake manifold and some ported heads, cam afterwards to suit then a re-tune.

Also in the middle of sorting out a new 3.9 LSD, sick of single spinning!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my extractors finished today. Bit of a mission, had to drop the rack and take off other various parts. Loving the extractors they sound great! reckon the car feels faster too.

extractors1_zpsd0fef103.jpg

extractors2_zps0729e8a0.jpg

There were a couple of casualties. A spark plug and a coolant temp sensor haha.

IMAG0294_zpsd508163a.jpg

Put a bit of heat wrap next to my clutch line and steering arm boots for piece of mind. can't wait to get a tune done now!

Last edited: