Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
thanks man It should look good. I was just going to de-nib and polish. But ahh screw it there's three and a half coats of clear I may aswell block it back a bit and make it look awesome.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Yeah I know what you mean, I flat rubbed my old vt massive job but it came up good.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
13793260591650_zps2c505658.jpg

Got sum of da gud stuff mate!

The weather sucks today so I can't go out and try it. Hopefully a bit better tomorrow! They're good blokes at crash supplies. Gave me the cutting compound for 40 and the wax for 20. Even though they retail the cutters at 55. Guess I have been buying a bit off them lately!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
IMAG0098_zpsffec330e.jpg

Getting there! Done the rear doors, rear quarters and the front right guard. The two front doors are blocked down but I cut through them :banstick: and I cut through the boot because there was a bug that flew in the paint and dug himself down to the basecoat grrrr! So there's a few spray ins and some re - clearing to do Saturday. Want to finish the rest of the blocking first to make sure i don't cut through anything else.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
paint looks awesome,so does the truck-lol
paint is awesome,what do you recommend for polishing white on a 05 vz,any help would be greatly appreciated,i really have no idea what to use,i would like my ride to be really shiny,its shiny now but I would like it to be real shiny
thanks corey

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
paint looks awesome,so does the truck-lol
paint is awesome,what do you recommend for polishing white on a 05 vz,any help would be greatly appreciated,i really have no idea what to use,i would like my ride to be really shiny,its shiny now but I would like it to be real shiny
thanks corey

Thanks mate!
Have you got a buffer? If it's in good nick you could just go over it with some anti swirl and then hit it with some wax. If there's any deeper scratches start off with some cutting compound to get them out. Just stay away from the cheap autoshop stuff. 3m anti swirl is good. Juice is The best as I've discovered but you won't really need it if you're not wet sanding it first. And you wouldn't want to wet sand it much anyway because the Holden tight arse 1 and a half coats of clear is easy to cut through.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
gday wazza,
no deep scratches that I can see,she has a nice nice shine now just a bit duller in some areas than others mainly on the doors,yes have a buffer just need to find it lol,will have to get some 3m and give it a try,then wax after -is that right
thanks again will let you know how it goes,might be a few weeks though as the kids are back at school now,gotta do the schoolie run-lol

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
If it's a bit faded might be good to start those panels off with some cutting compound to bring it back. The swirl remover gets rid off any buff marks and micro scratches you get from washing it, the kids rubbing their dirty hands on it and your mates leaning on it lol. Brings it up so it looks new. Just make sure you get the recommended soft pad with your swirl remover (just ask the paint shop). Then the wax seals it off and protects it a bit and also keeps it pretty for longer.