Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
man that is one sweeet ride.. SS with V8 power.. combined with those wheels and 9.5L/100Km !!
Luvin' it!!

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Man it's looking nice. Did the growler kit really add that much power. On my VT wagon I did see a great fuel saving but those figures are pretty amazing.

hey mate..the growler kit claims to add 10-15 rwkw on the website. and going off the amount of sound the thing makes since i put it on, i think they do add close to those power figures.

the dyno tester was suprised it did 205rwkw before tune and puts it down to the induction and cat back. he was expecting 180-190 at wheels.

as for the fuel figures, it's pretty good for a big V8 hey? need to take it on a big highway run upto coffs harbour or sumthing to see how far it goes on a full tank now!

cheers for comments ppl:beer chug:

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
loose the mudgaurds. eww

lol i think i've been over this up top of thread somewhere... the cost of taking them off far exceeds the gain. tar and crap all over my rear bumper and front door panels.

i would rather have clean smooth paint over a slight improvement of looks. are they THAT noticeable?

GE4CE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
lol i think i've been over this up top of thread somewhere... the cost of taking them off far exceeds the gain. tar and crap all over my rear bumper and front door panels.

i would rather have clean smooth paint over a slight improvement of looks. are they THAT noticeable?

I dont think they look that bad apart from being black,and they do serve a purpose for YOUR conditions
Maybe colour code them to blend in with the spoiler kit could be an option

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
i like the look of the red/black mix, i wouldnt worry to much about it, i did have a chuckle about your shifter, looks like its a bit cold for your cars man bits lol, nice car though mate love the wheels it looks pretty damn mean and getting that kind of economy from a V8 is impressive, ide probly lose the front clear bonnet protector though? unless u live on an unsealed road, if so...acceptable hehe, love your work! keep it up

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
i did have a chuckle about your shifter, looks like its a bit cold for your cars man bits lol

...lol that's pretty funny man, i went back and had a look and it does look a bit shriveled doesn't it!!

i put the factory one back on a while ago..was getting a bit rough on the box being that short, so it's got it's mojo back haha:surprise:

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Update:
Fitted DBA slotted rotors and bendix ultimate pads.

The original rotors were in desperate need of machining as they were shuddering alot and the pads were squealing too.

Pulls up ridiculously quick now with no shuddering whatsoever.

24012010_008.jpg

This next pic is of my fuel average L/100 since computer tune...cheers, josh!

29122009.jpg

smnsez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
just read your thread mate your ride looks awesome love how u painted the wheels they look wicked

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Just had a read through the thread. Well done, it's a great looking car and I bet drives a lot better since the tune too. The wheels looks awesome against the red. Top effort mate.

Last edited: