Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SV6 05

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nice car buddy, well done.
SS tailights on the SV6 do look much better than the stock ones. If u want any ideas on interiors mods check out my ride thread.

Thanks dude. Thanks yeah i defs will be stealing a few ideas like SS center console and cluster fascia, haven't decided whether to paint them or get SS parts for them yet. looks good btw :)

new tail lights look great man, how much did they cost you?
Thanks mate, was $370 delivered . deficiently changes the look of a black car ;)

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
got the 3.46 diff gears installed, low down sluggishness is gone! been taking it easy though since the mechanic said go easy for the first 1000km to wear in. Definitely feel a difference. would highly recommend you do this to yours :)

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
Good on ya. how much did it cost all up if you don't mind me asking? also hows the gearbox taking to the new gears?

cheers :)

paid 300 for the gears second hand (turned out being no good, word to the wise if you see even the slightest nicks on the gear teeth, don't buy them they WILL make noise). But the diff mechanic had another set handy so i paid 400 for them, got my money back on the other ones. and the install was $450. So all up $850. If ur in the western suburbs of Melbourne i can recommend a fitter, best customer service I've ever received from anyone!

Gearbox is handling it well. 1st gear is shorter obviously but not so much that its annoying. Fuel economy is a hell of a lot better too. i used to average 9.6-9.3L/100km (highway km) now it sits on about 7.7-7.9L/100km. I used a quarter of a tank less on the way back from Melbourne to central NSW (approx 1100km). So yeah, very happy :D. Just gotta get the speedo re-calibrated, ill do that when i get it tuned. also just ordered the Mace CAI and the manifold insulators :)

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
paid 300 for the gears second hand (turned out being no good, word to the wise if you see even the slightest nicks on the gear teeth, don't buy them they WILL make noise). But the diff mechanic had another set handy so i paid 400 for them, got my money back on the other ones. and the install was $450. So all up $850. If ur in the western suburbs of Melbourne i can recommend a fitter, best customer service I've ever received from anyone!

Gearbox is handling it well. 1st gear is shorter obviously but not so much that its annoying. Fuel economy is a hell of a lot better too. i used to average 9.6-9.3L/100km (highway km) now it sits on about 7.7-7.9L/100km. I used a quarter of a tank less on the way back from Melbourne to central NSW (approx 1100km). So yeah, very happy :D. Just gotta get the speedo re-calibrated, ill do that when i get it tuned. also just ordered the Mace CAI and the manifold insulators :)

Cheers yeah i've been told that. Thats not a bad price, alot better then i thought anyways. good news about fuel economy too ;)... good on ya bud. let us know how you go with MACE Gear ;)

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
just lowerd my car just the rear as i didn't have enough time as it went dark, also i wasn't a happy chappy i thought it would be alot easier than then that! was easy but not physically!

Just springs, SSL's... next month I'll be replacing the shocks with Koni Yellows.
I'll get a better picture tomorrow, here's an idea what she looks like.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/epsonstyluscx6500/photo4.jpg

Has a good stance on 17's

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Its much easier if you undo the shocks at the bottom mount and release then handbrake. Will drop out and in then.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Nice ride! Make sure you get them boot holes filled and welded too

Blown Rattler

Rattler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY SII HSV CLUBSPORT
Nice car mate and the tail lights definately make a HUGE difference! Looking forward to seeing a better photo

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nice ride! Make sure you get them boot holes filled and welded too
Thanks mate, yehh thats the plan but cash flows another issue :p

Its much easier if you undo the shocks at the bottom mount and release then handbrake. Will drop out and in then.
Thanks sounds easy enough. I did it exactly the same but i used spring compressors and didn't un bolt the shock.

Nice car mate and the tail lights definitely make a HUGE difference! Looking forward to seeing a better photo
Thanks buddy, yehh it defiantly sets the car up.

Here's a picture, the front sits a little high but that's expected and i probably won't get around to doing it until i get shocks or wheels whatever comes first, but until now I'm happy :)

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/epsonstyluscx6500/photo.jpg