Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SV6 05

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi Guys,
I'm new to JC and to this posting stuff, but im a big reader of threads :)
As the the title suggest i own a SV6 saved all me pennies and many hours slaving at work and i now own one all payed off.

About the car:
Phantom Black
Stock as a rock from front lights to the taillights
50,000ks on the clock :yeah:

Mods Done:
Two hole mod
Front strut brace
Pioneer headunit, 4speakers and Amp
VCM tuned
Debadged
No Spoiler
Painted rocker covers
SS Tail lights

Future mods:
CPR6
extractors, cats, exhaust undecided of which combination to go with any suggestion are appreciated
MACE Throttle body (If produced)
MACE Gearbox tune (when available)
Cam kit
Respray
Paint center console, gray outline black
VE SSV Wheels
SL Front, SSL Rear on monroe GT Sport shocks, and considering bigger rear sway bar.

More photos too come :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
really nice man, low k's too which is great..

always liked the black sv6's.. future mods sounds good too :)

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Sounds like a healthy list of mods, car looks nice..
if i can suggest anything i would start with wheels and suspension, they always make the car unique. From there exhaust, cai are usually pretty expensive and you dont gain too much bang for buck ($/kw). In saying that, not really worth it, but do your research if you are still keen.

FYI 2 Hole mod and SS induction cannot be done together, they are different. Remembering your Alloytec is DOHC, doubleover head cam, so you will need 4 cams, once again, check through the forum for more info on this or call castle hill exhaust for more info.

good luck with the car anyway, keep us posted...

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Took it out in the wet today and can i say these are very fun to go sideways in :D (of course in safe areas for myself and public!!!)

Thanks Wattles,
blacks are good colour but its a b***h to keep clean, every three days i found myself washing it :p

Cheers Impulsive, yeah that was my plan of attack either tune/exhaust, or the wheels im thinking CV8Zs or i know its being done but VE SS-Vs i just like the design of the wheels plan and simple,
also would you know if its better to get the cai done first or can i just go ahead with the tune? cheers

also i read some where on these forums that someone was working on just a dual cam mod so lets just say they inlet cams got swapped, though whether or not that project went ahead and is available to the public is another question so i guess its time for some research time :p

and i think i wont worry with the S/C because its never gonna be a 8 but that being said im a fan of charged sixs and theres alot more work and i believe you would appreciate it more. but who knows thats wayy down the track.

thanks.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Nice car mate, but stay away from the SS Inductions crap, it will slow you down.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
i got an ss inductions kit and i dont see how it slows you down? prepared to the other cais?

yeah man i could imagine, everything shows up on white its crap :p

SV6 P-Plater

Dont Speed In Surbubia
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Wattles : yehh any black and white shades are a nightmare to keep clean but look awesome when washed :D

Got told i had the day off today and so i decided to do the two hole mod today, around 4,000 on wards its a she roarrrs and fells more punchy and the sounds improved which is always good, its worth the $15 and a hour of your time :p

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Nice ride mate, i know what you mean by the Turismo blue ss, ive got a Turismo Blue s ute, its amazing, the color stands out so much, everyone in towns knows me cause its the only Turismo in town :)