Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My weekend project! alll done + pics!

sprocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec SII
cheers! Yeh the headlights are easier than the grills i reckn, alot of sanding and mucking around to get the grills looking good.

With the headlights, you'll need to take the bumper off to get to the final bolt that holds them off. On the bumper there are 2 screws on each wheel arch, 3 in the middle and then clips on the side so just pull at the side of the bumper.

Headlights have 1 screw at the back, then clips around the edge which come off easy as. Next step is to put the headlight in the oven (yes the oven! :p) so soften up the sikaflex, then pry apart with a flathead screwdriver. Easy as!

i folled this guide; StreetWagons.com - View topic - DIY VX "SS" mod for lights

jme2412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
this may be silly question, but by painting the headlight surround matte black, is this all that's required to convert headlights into SS? Is this actually all they do at the factory?
Has anyone done this and had any problems with sealing the headlights? ie. did you reapply more sikaflex to seal the beams?

Simmsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S
Hey is there anyway to do anything like this to a VX II spac?

sprocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec SII
Pretty much identicle procedure for a VX, the guide i followed off was for a VX.

calais4life

calais4life!
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
thats looks good champ it matches!

J3zza

Reaction score
Members Ride
SUBARU MY01 RX LIBERTY
more pics mate its looks wicked !!