Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My WH Statesman LS1

BigFrank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
Hi all, first thread on this site, Just bought this White WH statesman v8 pretty much bought for a cruiser paid 9500 from a car dealership thought it was a pretty fair price..

2000 WH Statesman GENIII LS1 186xxx km's

Mods:
2.5 Cat back exhaust
19inch SSV Rims new tires
over 3g is receipts for suspension overhaul. All new bushes, sway bars, Monroe gas shocks.. etc
Dark tint
Sony Touch Screen DVD player
Upgraded speakers (not sure of brand havent had a look but defintely not stock speakers)
All Caprice Grey leather interior.. All elec doors
Caprice bonnet emblem

Paint is pretty good got ya usual little chips and scratches comes up good with a quick wax so will probably come up even better with a proper cut n polish, Overall car is in good condition no major faults that i could find once i got it home and got under it there is a small power steering leak that i will get to eventually it isnt anything to serious.. have gave it a small serivce with be doing another one soon.

all mods above are what came with the car when i bought it i havent bought much for it yet as funds are tight at the moment but any susgestions on small to medium mods i am open to and any advice on what to do in my spare time, i.e from cleaning an polishing etc
i am a rookie in the garage and have just started to start doing things myself installing stuff etc sick of the labour costs, im no dummie but dont have anything more then general car knowledge so if iam wrong with anything please be sure to correct me :)

So what i have bought/done so far:
-Oil & Filter Change. (the oil in it was pretty filthy)
-Bought a set of Side engine covers, came is gloss black i am going to sand back and paint white.
-Have slowly started changing my all my interior lights to blue LED's so far have only replaced dash and climate control i will be replacing all the mode switch, gear changer, window switches etc when i can find someone that can solder lol.
-Degreassed motor and polished a few things a little
-Replaced exhaust rubbers
-Replaced idler pulley
- installed blue LED window washers (have wired up them up to a switch

Near Future Mods i wanto do:

Engine/Driveline - Pacemaker extractors
- Alloy VCM OTR Intake
- Maf-Less & Dyno Tune

Other:
- Wanto install VY sunglss holder
- Not sure if i wanto keep the rims or get something different???
- Wanto install leather VY/VZ steering wheel (Much rather the look of that models)

And thats about all i can think off the top of my head at the moment, just want the car for a nice mint cruiser that has a bit of get up an go.. maybe down the track i will think about putting a nice cam and stall converter in but no rush at all for that.... please leave ya feedback as i am eager to hear what you guys think of it, and advice or questions welcome i have a lot of spare time and am very keen on learing more about how to do things myself.

Cheers,
Frankie.

SANY0063_zps2a049a05.jpg

20120908_163719_zpsa7f42785.jpg

20120908_163759_zps06fba071.jpg

SANY0065_zpsb872e2b3.jpg

20120908_163826_zps45446b93.jpg

20120908_163836_zps339e1ae5.jpg

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
One schmick looking barge you got there man, very nice. I'd be leaving the SSV rims on it, looks good.

BigFrank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
One schmick looking barge you got there man, very nice. I'd be leaving the SSV rims on it, looks good.

Cheers mate yeah had a few people saying i should keep the rims on it, reckon i will anyway.

Was wondering if anyone on here from SA if they know where to get my dash lights and all interior lights done proffesionally? I've done a average job myself with the led's, just looks dull would rather pay for it to be done properly with the dials and stuff, would apprechiate any advice..

Should be ordering my OTR in a week or 2, have decided to buy a VCM one, no point buying any cheap fibreglass sh*t..