Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My wl caprice l@@k

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
It's a luxury longer wheel based commodore. ( some people will shoot me for comparing commodores and statesman/caprices like that but to put it in simple terms)

Lol, thats true, Iv seen a few get shot here for it.
All good man. :)

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Ok so I'm almost done with it :)
This is what I'm up to.

6e205603-fb0f-db94.jpg

6e205603-fb93-d9fa.jpg

6e205603-fbb8-6fe8.jpg

6e205603-fbcd-8106.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Gave Caprilicious a deep clean, been doin it all day yesterday and half of today. Lol
Yesterday I washed it, then scratch and swirl remover then polished it.
Today I waxed the beast. Lol
Turned out sweeeet always wanted to do it to this car since I bought it :)
Here are a few snaps, enjoy.

6e205603-970a-5032.jpg

6e205603-9857-d6c1.jpg

6e205603-9f7c-74c9.jpg

6e205603-a006-0e84.jpg

6e205603-a085-c927.jpg

6e205603-a117-6bf9.jpg

Dave :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Just a quick question about your Discs an capilers when you painted them, how many cans of paint did you buy? an did you paint the bit where the caliper sits or just the hub on the disc? im about to paint mine soon.

Cheers

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Just a quick question about your Discs an capilers when you painted them, how many cans of paint did you buy? an did you paint the bit where the caliper sits or just the hub on the disc? im about to paint mine soon.

Cheers

Hey bud,

I bought 1 gloss black, 1 red and one can of clear coat.
1 can was more than enough to do all four corners.

Yes I painted the brake surface pads area aswell knowing that it will come off after the brakes where applied a few times.

6e205603-398b-c225.jpg

6e205603-3d5f-b1fa.jpg

Just make sure it's cleaned really well I used a wire brush on a drill.

6e205603-3809-871d.jpg

6e205603-3828-e7ab.jpg

Then spray with degreaser. Then clean again then wipe with metho till it looks like this.
6e205603-387f-4a13.jpg

6e205603-389c-7c40.jpg

Be very patient with leaving the coats to dry.

What I did was, start cleaning one wheel then spray paint it, do the hubs first if ur not going to pull off the calipers.
Then leave to dry for abit while u clean another wheel, then spray the second wheel and add another coat to the first wheel and leave both to dry then start cleaning the 3rd wheel and continue with the same pattern.
Make sure you choose a nice warm day cause it took me 12hrs to do :( lol

Good luck with it and if u need any more help or have question don't hesitate to ask me :)

Also have a look at my other thread relation to this. Will help u out aswell. :)
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...hat-color-caliper-drum-paint.html#post1914232

Cheers
Dave.

Last edited:

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Thanks man, well my two front discs are cracked, so ive got the two new discs i got from my uncle sitting on inside haha, i will clean the two discs then spray the hubs, but im gonna cover the brake surface on the pad cause i dont wanna stuff the new pads ive got to go on, thanks for the info, its what i needed

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Thanks man, well my two front discs are cracked, so ive got the two new discs i got from my uncle sitting on inside haha, i will clean the two discs then spray the hubs, but im gonna cover the brake surface on the pad cause i dont wanna stuff the new pads ive got to go on, thanks for the info, its what i needed

No worries bro, I'm happy to help. :)
Paint the two disks u got new before u put em in they will turn out much cleaner and will be easier to do.
You will need about 3 to 4 coats on the caliper and about 2 to 3 on the hubs. :)

What colors you doing btw?

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
ok sweet, im going black hubs then maybe yellow calipers, i still havent decided just yet, any ideas?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
ok sweet, im going black hubs then maybe yellow calipers, i still havent decided just yet, any ideas?

For the hubs either black or silver.
I was going to go for yellow calipers but then I was like it won't suit my theme with the red pinstripe and red walls.

I reckon yellow would look sweet on Ur ute. It will go well against the sky blue color or even better go a blue color for the calipers. Light or dark blues.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
yeah im gonna go yellow, i reckon it would look better then light or dark blue, there is a car on here with yellow calipers, ccruzin has them an it looks nice, i got my idea from him lol, black hubs an yellow calipers it is haha, im cleaning the two discs i got, they are second hand but for free im not complaning, got one done, gonna od the last one after i have some dinner then im gonna paint them tomorrow morning :) then i will do the calipers within a few days, the ute isnt moving any where cause its still not fixed from when my mum hit a roo, dam insurance guys still havent got back to us an its been about 2 weeks now :(