Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My workhorse MY9.5 SV6 Ute

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Here's a few pics of my SV6 Ute. It's often filled with stuff from wood to soil and hardware etc. Most of the work I've done on it is interior creature comforts. I'm not lowering it despite the fact these Utes look great lower. There's just no way it would make it up the dirt road/drive or around the property on lower springs. I know it's nothin special, but I thought a working Ute would make a change...

Mods so far:
Upgraded Headunit (VIM mod)
Polk DB651 splits in doors/dash
Sony Xplod 8" sub in LH sidewall/Sony amp under pass. seat
Reverse camera (esp useful for lining up trailers)
Sailplane LED stop light
HD towing kit/Bluetooth fitted pre-delivery.

Plans:
Quad tip SS-V exhausts (just the mufflers - they look better IMHO). Just waiting for a cheap set to crop up online.
iPod video dock with auto switch to reverse camera. Working on that as we speak.
HSV Red Hot leather steering wheel with the fatter grips.

Not too worried about modding the motor... saving up for a Monaro... ;)

ute-clean

Clean for a change

workhorse

And that's why we won't be lowering anytime soon...

both-cars

The Berlina's the daily driver (~1,200k a week)

headunit

Upgraded Headunit with VIM

ute-camera

The camera is impossible to spot from behind unless you really know to look - viva la black paint!

Last edited:

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Nice ute mate, good to see one in working conditions.

That second pic explains very well why you wont be lowering her anytime soon.

Cheers,.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Would be a bag of **** with that much weight in the back haha, certainly is a change to see a sv6 working!

Don't want to be rude or anything, but why not a vz one tonner for your working ute?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would be a bag of **** with that much weight in the back haha, certainly is a change to see a sv6 working!

Don't want to be rude or anything, but why not a vz one tonner for your working ute?

Two reasons I didn't go a VZ one-tonner (admittedly a great work ute).. The Ute only does work on my property so isn't for paid work proper. So if I need to do an extra trip or use the trailer etc, no skin off my nose. If it's on the road, it's usually unladen and a blur ;) Second, at the time I bought (October 2009-ish), I got the VE brand new, with Bluetooth, towbar, and mats for just under $30k driveaway. I couldn't turn down a brand new ride for that money.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV don't do a Red Hot leather steering wheel. HSVi (formerly known as Holden By Design) do.

I would've imagined they all get made by the same company?? Are you saying the HSVi wheels are lower quality or just different (better) style/grips etc.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The HSVi wheels are NOT as good as the HSV wheels. I wouldn't even say they're better than the stock wheels. They feel cheap and don't have very comfy grips. I had one in my Calais V Sportwagon. It lasted a week until my proper HSV one arrived and I installed that - FAR BETTER and much more comfortable.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Two reasons I didn't go a VZ one-tonner (admittedly a great work ute).. The Ute only does work on my property so isn't for paid work proper. So if I need to do an extra trip or use the trailer etc, no skin off my nose. If it's on the road, it's usually unladen and a blur ;) Second, at the time I bought (October 2009-ish), I got the VE brand new, with Bluetooth, towbar, and mats for just under $30k driveaway. I couldn't turn down a brand new ride for that money.

Fair enough buddy, I got the sv6 too as you may have seen...great ute to drive and yours does look pretty good for a working one.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
quad-tips

Ah, much better - but filthy. Looks better with a wash...

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi Mate, nice ride, just a question on the rear mount stop light, how much did it set u back and is it easy to fit?