Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY08 VE SS Phantom Black with Mods

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Hi,

Made quite a few mods in the last 6 months, and spent more money than I should - but hell

MY08 VE SS 6 sp manual 6.0 ltr

Sunroof
Full Leather Interior
Rear Park Assist
Full Paint and Interior Protection
SS Mats
removed center speaker

Chromed front and rear
Black Holden Symbol

230 Cam
OTR
Extractors
Hi Flow Cats
Maless Tune
Rip Shifter

245/35R20 Front - 8" Rims
275/35R20 Rear - 10" Rims
Lowered King Springs

Cheers
Doc

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,459
  • IMG_4086.jpg
    IMG_4086.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,340
  • IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,492
  • IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,231

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
Wow nice ride mate you did go on a spending spree wish I could do the same what's the power figures at now

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Dyno says 410 hp, I calculate that as around 350 kw front, so maybe say 290kw rear, never sure about these figures. Have the dyno report, etc but Supercharger seems the next obvious step, but, thats 3 years down the road. Must admit, If it came to a liver transplant or the supercharger, probably go the supercharger, and have a lot of fun - lol. The Super car injectors would be nice as well, but basically same price as the supercharger, and the toque dosn't hit till far higher up in the range. Guess it depends, want it off the line, or at constant RPM. Being and SS, it would take a major brake upgrade, etc, for track use.

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Not a scrub so far, but lets see how the springs compress - one of my worries, didn't go the lowest sapring size for just that, want to keep it all approved

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
The funniest thing, best mod, was removing the crappy centre speaker, just disconnected it, and the sound system, now actually sounds like an ok sound system. Man, I am so gratefull to the forum for just that

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
The funniest thing, best mod, was removing the crappy centre speaker, just disconnected it, and the sound system, now actually sounds like an ok sound system. Man, I am so gratefull to the forum for just that

Nice car mate, I put a Rockford in the centre. Sounds much better.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
No chance of scrubbing with those wheels until you lower it another 60mm looks good by the way haven't seen the grill done silver on a black car before but it does suit very well.

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Nice car mate, I put a Rockford in the centre. Sounds much better.

After having to tone down the stereo, just being able to actually turn it up was enough for me. Tell me bout the Rockford - did it improve the quality ? I always thought the centre speaker was supposed to be a woofer, but looking at it, I think it was actually designed to be a centre speaker for a 5.1 Dolby application, for a built in DVD, etc, certainly no Subwoofer. One bad piece of design.

Cheers
Doc