Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY08 VE SS Phantom Black with Mods

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
No chance of scrubbing with those wheels until you lower it another 60mm looks good by the way haven't seen the grill done silver on a black car before but it does suit very well.

Yes, just my thought when I did it. Thought the chrome, esepially considering the upper and lower grill, would look good, rather than just straight black. I thought it gave a very DB9 look to a muscle car - lol

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Had to add this, my missus ( and I ) have a new I20, the SS is is basically a tourer, that we get to use on nweekends, I drive it to work, maybe once a week ( other problems with traffic, another thread ), but she said, I want mine customised as well, so, I got 3 nice big chrome letters, that said RED - the cars red - she's happy - cheapest mod I have ever done - lol

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ride nice mods mate.

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
New mods - Infity front and rear speakers, and sub in boot - sounds awesome compared to the crap factory system.

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
After many years, still doing mods, some work, some arn't flash and have removed. Heres the latest version for your assessment. The Vinyl for the hood, looks great ( from a distance ), but cheap chinese - does the car an injustice. Ripping it off this week, and will do buddy rate ding and spray repair ( $1500 ), and then a male lion airbrushed bonnet, with the mane going over the bonnet and down the side panels. Retrenched from work, picked up 100K tax free, and have a job already lined up. Sometimes the cards fall your way :) These mods made before I lost my job.

Mods:

245/20/8.5 front, 275/20/10 Rears, SSSL King springs ( more than three in the car - tyre rub )
OTR
Customised Headers/Extractors
New Lifters
High Flow Injectors
Cammed
Ceramic Triple Plate Clutch ( my left leg is like supermans )
Quick Shifter ( a must buy - never misses a gate )
Electric Sunroof
Full Leather Interior
Ultra Linear 3 way speakers all round
250 watt Sub
1000 crank battery
Full darkest tint
Rear Parking Assist ( waste of money )
got rid of the so called centre speaker ex Holden - what a joke that thing is
Full paint protection ( bit iffy about it, but the paint isn't bad after 7 years, better than many )
X-Force 3"
DRL Headlights, DRL Fogs
LED Tail Lights
Debadged - replaced holden at rear with an SS badge - yep, no chev ties for me - stuffed around with the front, and made an old chev SS badege fit, but looked crap )
GPS tracking ( steal my car, my mobile pings me,I know it has moved, and can track it in real time - best $120 bucks I have spent, and costs $1 a week if that with an ALDI Sim )
Played with a tablet in the car - don't bother, glare is a killer, so is trying to do things while driving, scrapped
Pirelli P1's - great tyres, stay away from Chinese crap - tried them, an accident waiting to happen
Carbon fibre stainless steel caps through the engine bay
Created a USB input in front dash ( still powered by AUX tho ex centre console - on the list for rewire )
Bluetooth engine diags adapter fitted - great with Torque for 1/4 mile, etc

Always evolving, never the same car, and thats what makes it special ( to me ). Plenty of mistakes along the way.

photo.php

375kw

https://www.facebook.com/lance.will...0153241603749495/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like