Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY09 VE SV6 Gearbox - Warranty

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
the sv6 was all good up until now, but all of a sudden it wouldnt find reverse or first gear, so i got it to my uncles place and it got worse, the gear stick turned to jelly. I can clutch in and start the car but no gears. the gear stick can move in a giant circle where it used to go into gear.
My car had a exedy heavy duty clutch with SMF not even 3000kms old, but i dont think it has to do with it as it still feels good and the car starts no problems.. im assuming its a blown gearbox and am hoping holden (hopefully) fixes it as its still under warranty.
any ideas. im going to tilt truck it to my local holden tomorrow
and ideas??

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I don't know what the issue could have been but I think you'll probably have a bitch of a time trying to get Holden to replace the gearbox as you had an aftermarket clutch and they will probably put the blame on you, unless the clutch was signed off by the dealer before hand.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Why did u have the new clutch put in????

& was it a heavy duty/ performance clutch?

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
it is a heavy duty and was installed as an upgrade because the standard sv6 clutch is crap... p.s the car is on about 34000kms and isnt misused. i have had it for just over 12000 kms.. i got the clutch installed by the main exedy dealer in melbourne (northern brake and clutch) and was told that the new car warranty isnt effected unless the aftermarket part directly resulted in the failure. Someone (either holden or the clutch joint) has some explaining to do.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Im affraid that if it is not within the OEM specs warranty is void, i doubt u will get anything out of Holden....

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Shifter could of come out the selector in the box, dunno what holden use but my r34 had a nylon cup on the end of the shifter whick flogged out and became very sloppy through gears.
Your clutch should have nothing to do with the gearbox failing, if they don't cover it get exedy to check it out and bill holden for the trouble.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
if you cant feel any "gates" for the gears and the stick just falls over if you let go then
i would suspect the clips for the linkage have come out
likely due to incorrect fitment.... keep your mouth shut about clutch

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
thanx for the advice.. cant feel any gates but my shifter doesent fall over.. it stays upright but very loose.. hopefully all will be clear tomorrow

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
there are three clips holding the shifter in on these

one is selector
other two are balancers with bushes
my guess is selector one has fallen out... BUT worst case selector box inside box has died is pretty rare but

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
yep, warranty job, don't mention the clutch. probably linkage clips...

don't ever EVER let a sales person tell you about Holdens warranty policy... they are all full of S*#T