Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 Sv6 Sportswagon Price?

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
Just wondering whats the best price people have been given on this model??

Oh also it's a sportswagon but dosen't come manual!!!!, shouldn't be long and some manual sedans be crashed!.
So the question...anyone wanna take a guess it shouldn't be too hard to convert to manual???.
I know the 6sp auto is mated and goes well with the 3.6L SIDI but i still prefer a manual....
Anyways guys whats ya best prices???

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
just checked holdens site the rrp price has been dropped from 45990 down to 42990 drive away!(but no one pays rrp)

i think the Xr6 runout prices of 36000 drive away has pushed the pricing down

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
Have you considered a SS Sportwagon if you want a manual?

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
i was VERY tempted buy the SS but the missus will be driving the car most of the time, and on the short runs the extra fueland the initial purchase price just wasn't worth it

hmmm maybe have to save some $$$$ and get my own SS in a year or 2.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
So the question...anyone wanna take a guess it shouldn't be too hard to convert to manual???.

More trouble than its worth mate... it'll cost you a fortune, and it'll never be just like new. Plus you have to stuff around with engineering reports etc.

If you really want manual in a wagon, it's the SS. I had the same dilema when I recently bought mine. At the end of the day, there was no question which way to go.

1) Sedan or Wagon? Wagon.
2) V8 power of fuel economy? Fuel Economy.
3) Spend the extra and upspec, or save money on purchase price for other goodies like mags, lowering, and body kit? Looks thanks.
4) Manual but has to be V8 wagon, or Auto and can be V6 wagon? V6.

1 and 3 were not negotiable with mrs :). Had to be a wagon, and had to look nice. I wanted the V8, but didnt need it. Same with Manual. I wanted it, but didnt 'need' it... and I didnt see how spending thousands extra for it was worth it.

I've always had manual and was very hessitant in getting the auto, but the new 6spd is a good compromise. Least in sports mode it'll change manually exactly when you want... not just when it feels like its ready to.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
More trouble than its worth mate... it'll cost you a fortune, and it'll never be just like new. Plus you have to stuff around with engineering reports etc.

Care to elaborate on that?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Care to elaborate on that?

not really, as I've never physically done it ;).

But since you've asked so nicely- ok.

OP is considering doing major changes to the drivetrain on a model that doesnt come standard as a manual (yes there's the V8, but the V6 engine doesnt come as manual in the wagon).

He's going to need some sort of documentation for the RTA saying that it's all ok and to change rego details from auto to manual. Not to mention the insurance company, who will definitely want to know about the non standard drivestrain modification and that it's all been completed correctly.

It doesnt sound like he's gone it before- because he's asking how hard it would be. So an engineers report for a few hundred dollars to make sure it's done ok is a good idea. But it's the least of his problems imo... time hassle and money would be bigger concerns.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
not really, as I've never physically done it ;).

But since you've asked so nicely- ok.

OP is considering doing major changes to the drivetrain on a model that doesnt come standard as a manual (yes there's the V8, but the V6 engine doesnt come as manual in the wagon).

He's going to need some sort of documentation for the RTA saying that it's all ok and to change rego details from auto to manual. Not to mention the insurance company, who will definitely want to know about the non standard drivestrain modification and that it's all been completed correctly.

It doesnt sound like he's gone it before- because he's asking how hard it would be. So an engineers report for a few hundred dollars to make sure it's done ok is a good idea. But it's the least of his problems imo... time hassle and money would be bigger concerns.

OP should move to SA, no such laws here. (a transmission change it classed as a minor mod here, i dont even think you have to inform them(the motor registry) its not auto anymore either....)

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
removed - easier than arguing

Last edited:

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
if sportswagon came as a manual v6, i'd have bought one..... but then again, just wish i'd never touched an alloytec again.... alloytec in either manual or auto is gutless as all fruck - lacks torque down low in the range where it is driven all the time! screw top end power, i like to be able to pull up hills in top gear and have decent torque for towing and acceleration without using top end to not be a chore as such.... ve v8 ss manual workute is a ripper! shame p plates wont allow it after hours.....

i doubt i'll ever touch a alloytec after this one again.... saying that, the blue 08 ve sv6 manual ute i had was great for economy, and pulled harder.... wish now i'd gone for a xr6, and thats coming from a holden man!

Thats all well and good but he is talking about a 2010 SV6 totally different to any alloytecs made before. The 3.6L SIDI motor in the 2010 models has to be driven to be belived!