Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 VE SS Ute

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Those holmart boxes are 2k cheaper than the $5200 I was quoted for a new box. Something doesn’t add up!

Edit: A Facebook search of holmart doesn’t paint them in good light! Couple people had issues with gearboxes that they had bought and a few had customer service issues. Spending that extra may have saved me some potential headaches.

Last edited:

Thegeordieimmigrant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Get caught without cats and the EPA will ream you good and proper.

Reasons for rejection;
A vehicle (other than group L vehicle or a class MA or MC motorsport vehicle with a valid motorsport authority card) that was first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 May 2010 and manufactured from 1 January 1990 has a catalytic converter removed where there is evidence that one was originally fitted, and there is no written evidence issued by a TSDA that the vehicle passed a prescribed metered emissions test in this condition

If your vehicle was first registered in NZ prior to 1 May 2010, it is exempt from this rule and provided the exhaust system meets the objective noise level test and does not leak, then it will pass a Warrant of Fitness inspection.

Mine is 2007 so I'm all good. Thanks for the heads up though! Thought I was going to have to find the coin for some high flow cats ‍♂️ sorry to thread hijack

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Reasons for rejection;
A vehicle (other than group L vehicle or a class MA or MC motorsport vehicle with a valid motorsport authority card) that was first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 May 2010 and manufactured from 1 January 1990 has a catalytic converter removed where there is evidence that one was originally fitted, and there is no written evidence issued by a TSDA that the vehicle passed a prescribed metered emissions test in this condition

If your vehicle was first registered in NZ prior to 1 May 2010, it is exempt from this rule and provided the exhaust system meets the objective noise level test and does not leak, then it will pass a Warrant of Fitness inspection.

Mine is 2007 so I'm all good. Thanks for the heads up though! Thought I was going to have to find the coin for some high flow cats ‍♂️ sorry to thread hijack

I am aware of the ability to go cat free in NZ.

Your "location" says you are in NSW not NZ.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I went cat free you don’t even notice the smell people mention

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Well, my 2 week gearbox rebuild has reached week number 10. They had an issue with the cluster gear not meshing correctly and once the replacement arrived the business owner has had some family medical emergencies which delayed it further. It’s meant to be ready this Saturday but i won’t be holding my breath :confused:

In the mean time I have purchased an Ecliptech Shift-P2+ shift light to help reduce a reoccurrence of destroying another gearbox and will also be a handy addition to have for track days or blast through the hills.

Attachments

• 8A8F3E79-5484-487B-BF93-B1D770968A7B.jpeg
    8A8F3E79-5484-487B-BF93-B1D770968A7B.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 465