Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 VE SS Ute

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Hi all thanks for stopping by here is my ute!

MY10 (December 2009) built VE SS ute
L98 6L with a Kelford HS108-C12 cam and head upgrade, harrop MAF intake- made 340rwkw on his dyno.
Genie 1 7/8 extractors with Magnaflow HF cats, twin 3” mild steel hurricane exhaust
TR6060 gearbox with a GM Motorsport race rip shift and NPC clutch.
Harrop Truetrac diff with 3.9 diff gears.
Lowered on KW coilovers (replacement coming soon), Superpro hollow sway bars F & R, Superpro front strut brace.
Koya SF01 wheels in satin black, 18x9 +32 & 18x11 +43. 265/40/18 & 275/35/18 (wrong size I know:mad:) Michelin tyres.
VE HSV AP Racing brakes with white calipers, DBA T3 slotted rotors, Harrop braided brake lines.
Stereo consists of series 2 Calais IQ unit with Rockford Fosgate 6.5” components, 12” sub & amp.

And I’ve got plenty more mods in the pipeline! New coilovers, custom vented bonnet (one that aerodynamically works), upgraded rear control arms, trailing arms & toe rods, bigger rear tyres, alcantara VE HSV steering wheel, new interior, supercharger/stroker, plus more :confused::confused:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Nice.

Have you got a pic with the front wheels straight ?

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Unfortunately I don’t. I can take one though?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Would be good if you can.....keen to see how the offset sits with straight wheels.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Rears are pretty much flush with the guards, and fronts have a little room. I’ll get a pic in the morning.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Thanks VS_Pete!

VS 5.0 here are a couple of pics hopefully showing what your after!!

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
For anyone that is interested, I destroyed my gearbox three months ago. Apparently the TR6060 didn’t like a 3rd>4th mis shift at 6500rpm :(. Lost 4th gear then a hundred kms later (separated by a week) big bang going around a corner lost the lot!

But all’s not lost, in the mean time I’ve installed my HSV alcantara steering wheel, had my shifter boot re trimmed in black leather with white stitching and I’ve skinned my shifter surround and dash spears in genuine carbon fibre and not that ugly cheap looking CF wrap. Hoping to be back on the road in 4 weeks.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
For anyone that is interested, I destroyed my gearbox three months ago. Apparently the TR6060 didn’t like a 3rd>4th mis shift at 6500rpm :(. Lost 4th gear then a hundred kms later (separated by a week) big bang going around a corner lost the lot!

But all’s not lost, in the mean time I’ve installed my HSV alcantara steering wheel, had my shifter boot re trimmed in black leather with white stitching and I’ve skinned my shifter surround and dash spears in genuine carbon fibre and not that ugly cheap looking CF wrap. Hoping to be back on the road in 4 weeks.
In Melbourne, but I've got a TR6060 for sale with a clutch if you need.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Appreciate the offer, but I’m going to get mine rebuilt.