Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 VE SSV Black Ute - Full exh, VCM883 etcetc

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Hi mate, how do you find the Varex mufflers ? Do they quieten it down much when the flaps closed ?

VESSVUTE_883

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Hey, before the cam I'd say the difference was negligible.

But now with the cam, with the pipes open it screams, and with the valves closed it's almost quietened to stock. With most of the noise being the intake noise from the front, and absolute silence when cruising.

If I didn't have engine work, I'd say money better spent on a less droney exhaust. However with the engine work, it's either a lovely cruiser, or screaming for those road racer moments

Todddenman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Holden ve ssv
Hi There,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

This is my MY10 VE series 1 SSV ute, recently cammed and loving the drive.

Specs:

MY10 VE SSV Ute
Manual
1 7/8 Stainless headers
100cell Cats
Full 3" stainless cat back w/varex rear mufflers
VCM OTR
VCM 883 Cam 228/238 .600" / .603" @ 113
VCM Pushrods + manley dual valve springs etc
Pedders coilovers

306rwkw and 790nM and a drinking problem.

Thats about it!

Incase anyone is thinking about camming their L98, the 883 works well but lacks low down power, but reaaaallllly delivers top end. The power output in the end was a bit lower than i was hoping for, but drives and pulls like a freight train, what else could you hope for.

To boot, VCM are having sales so anyone that hasnt done it, get on it. Best decision i ever made!

Hey did you have to get valve reliefs for your cam? Ive got a 2009 ve ssv with a vcm883 going to go into it and a machine shop said i mite need them.. just seeinh if you got them done