Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY12 SRi Turbo Tunes + Mods NSW

MACE

Reaction score
Dosnt appear to be a popular forum area here. For good reason i guess, it is a commodore site lol. However there isnt much reliable information out there for modding cruze's. So looking for some info if anyone has anything.

So I got a MY12 1.4T cruze an while it goes well and is great on fuel and makes for great family motoring...yawn. There seems to be some people out there getting some relativly moddest gains with just tunes, no intake or exhaust mods at all?? However its hard to confirm all this, and google seems to have conflicting stories on things. Mace does a tune, however there is stories out there in the interweb that recon they have suffered engine damage from this tune?? There are some other tunes floating around out there and significant price tags too. I think i paid $50 for my tune on my VR from greenfoam on here, $5-6-700 seems a bit much for a tune.

Anyone out there done any Cruze tinkering and got some good results with anything?
We been involved with a number of Cruze tunes over the past few years now. An example of a more extensively modded one we've been involved with is shown in the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3567983031.208699.385604743031&type=1&theater

Generally speaking, they improve power output by around 25%. The tunes make a massive difference to the way that they drive and would certainly outpace the new 1.6L turbo engine.

As for blowing one of these up, this is news to us to be honest.

The Cruze scene in Australia is growing slowly at the moment. In future though they will certainly make great strides one they become a little older and people are more inclined to play with them out of fear of voiding warranty. This is probably the biggest concern that people have with modding them at the moment.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Cheers for the info Steve, its always best to talk with the people that deal with this. I've jst been googling stuff an thats what i found someone banging on about, im sure it would have been nothing to do with they thought they had a race car they could red-line all day;). How has the custom intake come along and has it made much improvement over the stock intake? Can you Pm me the prices n details for the tunes.

MACE

Reaction score
Cheers for the info Steve, its always best to talk with the people that deal with this. I've jst been googling stuff an thats what i found someone banging on about, im sure it would have been nothing to do with they thought they had a race car they could red-line all day;). How has the custom intake come along and has it made much improvement over the stock intake? Can you Pm me the prices n details for the tunes.
Well if they genuinely though that cause for the engine problems that they've faced were attributed to the supplied tune, it wouldn't have been a problem for them to have contacted us. We've genuine never received such contact, nor have been made aware of such a problem before though.

We haven't developed our own intake kit yet for the Cruze, we have however designed an intercooler kit to suit though which is ready to be put into production. It's on ice at the moment though due to the popularity (lack of) of the Cruze scene in Australia at the moment. This will likely change in future though.

You have an email

Cheers,
Steve

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
A site called Cruze Talk seems to be a solid site of information. Very similar to just commodores but for Cruze's with a nice How-to section with lots of good mods to try. However it is an american site so there are some things that are bit different. Worth a look for information. Has things like how to do water pumps, sound system custom installs, or just general mods like sharkfin aerial and blue tooth audio streaming mods.
However not suggesting people jump forums, would be good to aussie up some of that sites stuff and start a decent bank of information here too.

skeeta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
I agree, there isn't much of a following in oz ,seems like everyone is just finding out about this great car here,i think a lot of the tunes you can buy online now affect your factory warranties, am I correct ?still looking for an Ozzie cruze forum site