Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY14 Manual Diff Clunk

Powerman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE 375KW DYNO TUNE
Hello.
My MY14 Manual SSV REDLINE just begun clunking in 2nd gear around 30-40kph under medium acceleration moving forward, sounds like it's from the diff. It has 47000km on the clock with a 375kw TECNO dyno tune, cold air intake, aftermarket Suspension and Exhaust. Iv had the car since brand new and I do drive the car hard at times but not extreme. Iv seen this mentioned on other forums but Holden are hesitant on releasing the cause or offering a solution. Everyone is saying not to be worried but a new car shouldn't do this.
Has anyone else had or having this problem?

commrestore17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute 2003
Hi

I have a VY manual ute that clunks into gear now and then, it sounds bad and I'd love to know what it is myself. It's different car altogether but I can tell you that if its the same type of clunk its not the diff or the driveshaft, at least I know that as I had to recondition the whole drivetrain, everything from the bellhousing back is fresh and it still has this clunk. Good luck on finding the cause, I'm interested to see what comes up.