Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice choice in wheels mate, I nearly bought CV5's before changing my mind and getting the VFS1's.

And Daniel is right about the fitment. I run the 9" +35 offset on the front with a 245/35 tyre and the 10.5 +42 offset rear with a 275 tyre with rolled guards and even though my ute is quite low it clears with a very slight scrub on big bumps. I could raise it to stop the scrub but I like the look to much haha. I can post a pic if you like or just check out my thread in the VE section.

I'm keen to see how your new ride comes along :)

Just checked out your ute, perfect stance mate! Well done. Have you ground down the rear bumper bracket and relocated the screw that's there?
My car is due April 10 fingers crossed. What coilovers are you running?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Cheers mate, it took my a while to save the coin to get where it is but I'm so happy with it now that the waiting was worth it haha

I had the guards rolled by a bloke in Sydney and he ground back the bracket but I don't think he relocated the screw. I've never really noticed it to scrub there though.

Oh yeah nice nice fingers crossed then, lucky you have enough mods already to keep you going for a while. I really want to do the CTS-V brake upgrade as well when I can afford it.

I just have the ksport coilovers cos my mate was selling them heaps cheap. I'd like to eventually upgrade to Teins though.

AussieStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, it took my a while to save the coin to get where it is but I'm so happy with it now that the waiting was worth it haha

I had the guards rolled by a bloke in Sydney and he ground back the bracket but I don't think he relocated the screw. I've never really noticed it to scrub there though.

Oh yeah nice nice fingers crossed then, lucky you have enough mods already to keep you going for a while. I really want to do the CTS-V brake upgrade as well when I can afford it.

I just have the ksport coilovers cos my mate was selling them heaps cheap. I'd like to eventually upgrade to Teins though.

Oh ok sweet, I think if you relocate the screw you can grind more of the bracket tab off. My old rims used to scrape there on big bumps as well. Yea Teins would be awesome, I'm just going XYZ, haven't heard too many bad things and can't go past them for the price for a start, first coilovers I've owned.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bolts are 12mm x 1.75 pitch ,45mm in lenght

You meaning VE or VF? I'm fairly positive the front VF caliper bolts are 14mm. Haven't seen for myself but have done a fair bit of research and have been told by a couple of people.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also know for a fact if fitting redline Brembos to a non redline VF you need to drill and tap the calipers to 14mm

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
My 2014 VF Redline front bolts are M12 x 1.75, same as the rear. PBR bolts are M12 x 1.25 or 1.5 pitch.

Just pull one of your bolts out and measure it.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay then. I don't have the car yet.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
You can buy the set to replace all of the chrome on the VF here VF Complete Black Trim Kit - GM Motorsport

Not the cheapest, but in my opinion VF's look great with the black instead of chrome. They sell the parts individually as well. The side vents are $55 alone

Cheers mate, I think I'm gonna buy although I may get custom plates first. $450 isn't bad but I'll check with holden how much this kit is, might save on postage. Gonna get some quotes to get the window mould wrapped in gloss black too

Status
Not open for further replies.