Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Cheers mate, I think I'm gonna buy although I may get custom plates first. $450 isn't bad but I'll check with holden how much this kit is, might save on postage. Gonna get some quotes to get the window mould wrapped in gloss black too

Scratch that, I just found the black window trim, only downfall is that they go for $500........oh well

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Oh ok sweet, I think if you relocate the screw you can grind more of the bracket tab off. My old rims used to scrape there on big bumps as well. Yea Teins would be awesome, I'm just going XYZ, haven't heard too many bad things and can't go past them for the price for a start, first coilovers I've owned.

I had a look last night when I took my ute out to get dinner and the screw hasn't been relocated, just grinded back. And there is an easy 12mm of room between the screw and tyre.

Yeah I have read the XYZ aren't to bad in their price range. I have found the ksport to be good so far, they keep the ute quite flat through the corners though I would also like to upgrade the sway bars at some stage as well. They are also the first coilovers I've had as well haha

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a look last night when I took my ute out to get dinner and the screw hasn't been relocated, just grinded back. And there is an easy 12mm of room between the screw and tyre.

Yeah I have read the XYZ aren't to bad in their price range. I have found the ksport to be good so far, they keep the ute quite flat through the corners though I would also like to upgrade the sway bars at some stage as well. They are also the first coilovers I've had as well haha

Oh no worries man, I just can't wait to get the car. Every spare moment I have im on eBay or on here or youtube looking **** up haha. Are you in VIC?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Sorry mate I didn't see your last comment haha

Yeah I did that for ages as well but now the last things I want to do are big stuff like Brembos and performance mods so I can't afford it yet. Nah mate I'm in NSW.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got these today from Safebrake, look good. Also spoke to the dealer today, the car is getting delivered this week!!

image.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just picked up the car, 5kms on the clock. Drove about 30kms home, very happy to say the least. One thing I didn't realise was the rear diffuser is Gloss now, or was it always on SSV's? Happy about that as I was planning on painting to match. Today was the first time seeing the car. Here's a shitty pic from the dealer, won't put too many on as people have seen plenty of standard Commodores.

image.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
and now it shall begin :D

Ha yea, I think I will probably leave it all standard till the wheels come, which will be at least a month. Just enjoy the brand new car. The smell is unreal haha.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Just picked up the car, 5kms on the clock. Drove about 30kms home, very happy to say the least. One thing I didn't realise was the rear diffuser is Gloss now, or was it always on SSV's? Happy about that as I was planning on painting to match. Today was the first time seeing the car. Here's a shitty pic from the dealer, won't put too many on as people have seen plenty of standard Commodores.

Looks good, cant wait to see it with the mods you have planned.

The gloss has became standard on the my15 models I think. CalaisV models may have had them for a while but not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.