Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's what these look like, they just have the bolts an washers zip tied to the ends.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Although the fronts I have have a slight bend in them. I'm not sure.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also I found out my front calliper bolts ARE 12mm, so unsure about what I'm going to do there. I wanted to get the brakes VASS certed but I don't know how that will go if the knuckle is drilled out.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
image.jpg

Are you sure you have the correct lines. The 6 and 4 brembo ends look like this

$_57.JPG

Your right mate, just read the side of the box and it says 4 pot front and rear. Even though I ordered the right ones (checked my eBay). Not having much luck, one my rear crossovers is damaged as well, trying to sort that with Empire performance but not having much luck.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
So your caliper bolts are 12mm and so are the brembo. Whats the problem then? Just make sure you get the right bolts for the brembo. PBR and brembo are different pitch. Part No for the rear is GM-92139080. The size is 12mm x 1.75 pitch . 45mm in length. Fronts should be the same. When you pull one of your front bolts out out measure the length.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
So your caliper bolts are 12mm and so are the brembo. Whats the problem then? Just make sure you get the right bolts for the brembo. PBR and brembo are different pitch. Part No for the rear is GM-92139080. The size is 12mm x 1.75 pitch . 45mm in length. Fronts should be the same. When you pull one of your front bolts out out measure the length.

The 6 piston Brembos use 14mm bolts. I already have the bolts, came with the brakes.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the idea of keeping it standard till the wheels arrived lasted 2 days. Got a set of XYZ coilovers put in today. So stoked with them, the ride actually isn't much stiffer than standard. It rides 100 times better than the old car which had spring/shock combo. Also put the black side vents on, will attack the front fog light surrounds tomorrow. Here's a few pics I took today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also ordered personalised plates, took me so long, been trying to think of something for the last 2 months. Didn't want the usual 'VFSSV' or anything like that, went with below, a play on the colour 'Phantom Black' I think it will suit the car with the new rims/stance and tints ect.

image.jpg

VE_BerLina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Great pick-up and look forward to all the Mods, esp. the Brakes !!!

Nice Number plate ... it could also mean "Fun Time" which would also be quite apt ;)

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
A couple more photos from today at the Dandy All Holden show

image.jpg10_zps8on3zfl4.jpg

image.jpg11_zpscc5anjvj.jpg

And here's a link to all the photos I took Library Slideshow by villn808 | Photobucket

Also ordered a set of the DJ pipes from rapid exhausts, can't afford the Manta stainless catback I want with everything else I have brought lately, so these will do in the mean time, should arrive this week. Loving this car more and more the more I drive it. Haven't found anything I don't like, even the sound system impresses me. I had a full Alpine type R system in the old car and turned right up, the system in this VF sounds good too my ears, not over the top but nice an crisp, with decent bass and doesn't distort, can't see me upgrading this.

Another feature I love is the auto hill start assist, so handy. And stoked I decided to go with a manual, just feels right giving it a little bit of a squirt in between shifts, will end up using more juice I'd say though.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks awesome mate, even just with lowering it on the coilovers makes it look 1000x better. Plates sound good to, defiantly will suit the car.

Keep going with the mad mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.