Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Model: MY15 VF SSV sedan
Colour: Phantom black metallic
Engine Type: L77 6.0l V8
Engine Mods: VCM 16, Higgins heads, Setrab oil cooler, Holley valve covers, Heartbeat 2300, VCM OTR, Autotechnica catch can, relocated heater hoses, tuned by Jason @ LS1PWR 470rwkw 12psi
Gearbox: 6spd manual, Mantic twin plate clutch, Powertrax Grippro 6 pinion diff, 3.7 gears
Exhaust: Sureflow 1 7/8 headers, 100cpi cats, X Force 3 inch catback with Varex mufflers, deleted resonators.

Stereo: Stock Bose

Suspension: Shockworks coilovers, BMR lower control arms, BMR trailing arms, BMR adjustable toe rods, Whiteline subframe bushings, Whiteline diff bushings, Whiteline front and rear sway bars and end links.

Wheels: Black Vossen VFS-5, 20x9 +20 front, 20x10.5 +42 rear. Michelin PS4S tyres.

Brakes: CTS-V Brembo 6 piston fronts, and 4 piston rears. AC Delco pads, DBA 4000 T3 rotors front and rear. Safebrake braided brake hoses.

Lighting: JW Speaker LED low beams, Hi beams and fogs, LED's throughout the rest of the car.

Hi guys, now the car hasn't arrived yet but wanted to start this thread anyway. It's due mid April but I'm not holding my breath. The car was already on order when I secured it so shouldn't be too bad. The old car is gone, some have you may have seen my old thread, it was an 09 ignition orange SV6. Loved the car and was sad to see it go, but it went to a mate who will look after it.

The new car is a MY15 manual SSV. Went the non redline as I will be doing the brakes and changing the wheels so no point spending the extra 7 odd grand.

Here's a list of the parts I already have or have ordered.

Black side vent thingys
Black DRL surrounds
Small ariel (sat nav compatible)
CTS-V 6 piston/4 piston combo and pads, with a set of brembo stickers to replace the V. Yet to get rotors.
Vossen CV5's in polished silver, 20x9 and 20x10.5

With the wheels I originally wanted matte graphite CV3's but the supplier only has the rears in stock as they are in the middle of changing all the finishes to gloss. I had another option of getting some with the Ford stud pattern and getting them resleeved but didn't want to go down that road. I'm in love with the CV5's now. The fittment is quite aggressive but the supplier, Daniel from Bboss wheels, assures me with rolled guards and a 275 tyre and the right negative camber it will be all good, he has customers with VE/VFs who run these rims and offsets with no dramas.

I will be lowering the car with XYZ coilovers and puting on a Manta catback pretty much straight away, probably the 2.5 inch stainless, I don't really want it too loud. And that's about it for the time being, will get a tune and OTR as well in the future when the funds allow.

Here's a pic of the rims, and one of them on a black car to get an idea of the look. Obviously it won't be that low but it's an idea of the colour scheme. Now to play the waiting game..

image.jpg

image.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
keeeeeen. very keen. hopw the thread grows as big as your last one :yeah:

Haha not as keen as me man. Never owned a V8 before, so excited.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a photo of the stuff I've got so far, those 6 piston Brembo's are massive compared to my old 4 pots.

image.jpg

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Where'd you purchase the black side vents and fog light suurround?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'd get the brakes approved. One of the main items in the national code which specifically requires approval, should be straightforward (except for the steering knuckle drilling bit) otherwise not worth it, could lose the lot and more.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd get the brakes approved. One of the main items in the national code which specifically requires approval, should be straightforward (except for the steering knuckle drilling bit) otherwise not worth it, could lose the lot and more.

What you mean by approved? By an engineer? The steering knuckle doesn't need drilled on the VFs, they use 14mm bolts standard.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have looked into this further and will definitely be getting a VASS approval cert once installed. Thanks PIR4TE

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Nice choice in wheels mate, I nearly bought CV5's before changing my mind and getting the VFS1's.

And Daniel is right about the fitment. I run the 9" +35 offset on the front with a 245/35 tyre and the 10.5 +42 offset rear with a 275 tyre with rolled guards and even though my ute is quite low it clears with a very slight scrub on big bumps. I could raise it to stop the scrub but I like the look to much haha. I can post a pic if you like or just check out my thread in the VE section.

I'm keen to see how your new ride comes along :)

Status
Not open for further replies.