Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 VF Commodore

falcom

Reaction score
Does anybody know what updates are expected for the MY15 VF ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Gen 5 LT1 V8

3u3y4y8a.jpg

Direct injection is all-new to the engine architecture and is a primary contributor to its greater combustion efficiency by ensuring a more complete burn of the fuel through precise control of the in the air-fuel mixture and fuel injection spray pattern.

Continuously variable valve timing, which GM pioneered for overhead-valve engines, is refined to support the LT1’s cylinder deactivation and direct injection systems to make the most of performance, efficiency and emissions. It also helps the engine generate 68Nm more low-rpm torque than the LS3 engine, matching the 7.0L LS7 from 1,000 to 4,000 rpm.

6a4yhy6u.jpg

Additional Gen 5 LT1 engine features include:

• New aluminum block casting with nodular iron main bearing caps
  • Advanced oiling system, with variable-displacement oil pump
  • Oil-spray piston cooling
  • New, tri-lobe camshaft to drive the direct injection fuel pump
  • Four-into-one exhaust manifold design, similar to the LS7 engine
  • Revised cooling system with an offset water pump and thermostat

Last edited:

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Do we really think the LT1 (or some sort of detuned LT1 derivative) will end up in a Commodore when the Camaro doesn't have it yet?

Is there even any more development work being done on the Commodore, or is the plan now just to run it as-is until 2017?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I would like to think that it is a logical 'Z' series progression for the VF. History would tell of the relatively rare yet iconic, world-beating vehicles we once made and were proud to drive. Something special for these last handful (relatively speaking) of end-of-line collectibles, maybe the updated LS7.
The LS3 in the Chevy SS auto is not emissions / fuel compliant in big numbers that GM has planned for its re-birth in the US.
The 5th Gen engine is, has many other selling points, would be a smart tactical move to release it in the VF / VJ.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sweet! If so I've just found my last new Holden. One for the road, one for the shed? I wish!

I see your logic Pir4te, and I hope you're proven correct. The 90deg bend in the OTR seems a bit odd? Just an observation. Maybe noise attenuation?

Are both pic's LT1's?

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
it would be a fantastic last hoora if it did happen but i think we will all be sadley dissappointed, i mean, look at ford. new xr8, yeh new panels etc, new headlights, but all thier doing is chucking in the 335 motor from thier fpv range. id say all we will see from the final holden ss will be padel shifter for the auto and maybe, just maybe an ls3 dropped in. Hsv however may get that lt1.

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
the less thay have to alter thier current vf production line, the better. thats how i see it. everything is money these days

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
the less thay have to alter thier current vf production line, the better. thats how i see it. everything is money these days

As much as I would like to see the VF SS with an ls3, I'm with you man, no way Holden are going to spend any more coin for very little return with a production line about to shut up shop.

Hope we are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

But it's the same VF production line that they put an LS3 in at the moment? (Chev SS)
I paid close to $60,000 for my VE Sportwagon with a 6.0... is now $15,000 cheaper to buy a VF... no problems paying a net increase of $20,000 for an LT1 ($65,000), could be convinced to even pay a bit more if they tart the old girl up a bit!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Let's hope they use the last Commy SS line as a test bed for the Camaro driveline and other trinkets on Aussie soil!

Pir4TE,

Don't undervalue the Pearl - You can't buy a VF Redline Sportwagon for $45K. Nudging $60 with no options.