Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Jungle Green SSV Redline

lowrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Great thread ,like your dedication ...a spare starter button and stalks for the future,all the touch points ,thats thought out! Going by previous Commodores,may i suggest to also order a spare rhs drivers seat bolster!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
So Super Coach, are you going to share with the rest of us?
Red centre caps?
Shark fin aerial?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Nice to see it coming along.

I'd also like to know a bit more info about the auto dimming mirror and if it would be off a Grange model perhaps? Also how hard would it be to install and get power to. I find it really odd that top of the line Vf commodores and HSV variants don't have the auto dimming mirror when much older and cheaper cars have them.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Pt 12.
Production update, my Redline spent the whole weekend in an pressurised environment, that being the paint shop, as HVO didnt work last Friday. It entered paint shop at 2:15pm and is still in there getting painted, I guess the black roof option makes the process that little bit longer. Hopefully it wont be too long before its on its way to GA (General Assembly) where it will get some extra TLC from my contact person along with some other little goodies which I cant elaborate on right now but will when the time is right. My contact will update me tomorrow morning as to when it will enter GA because it depends where it is programmed in the ARS (Automatic Retrieval System) aahhhhh the longest 4 days left EVER until it reaches my dealer, along with 4 more sleepless nights

To answer some of your questions;

The red caps were organised by my sales guy, so I dont have any info on them;
I got the aerial from a Chevy Dealer when my friend was in the States;
I'm hopping that the plug for the auto dimming mirror will be taped up somewhere in the roof space and it will just be a matter of plug and play.

Last edited:

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Always teasing Supercoach.
Since you have a contact person, any chance of them elaborating on 2017 secrets?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks for the response SC. I will have to see if I can source some of those centre caps, they would look great on my yet to be built white Redline.
Good luck for the next few days.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 13.
IT’S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!! She has reached the start of final assembly! After spending the last couple of days in paint shop (guess it takes longer with the black roof option) she left paint shop this morning at 11am bypassed the storage area and was dropped straight into final production at 1pm. She should be finished by lunch tomorrow and then passed onto HEC to have her options/accessories fitted. She is due to leave the factory on Friday and arrive at the dealer the same day, so I know what I will be doing on Friday. Sitting by the gate where the trucks leave and follow her from the factory to the dealer, only cos I got nothing better to do :beer chug:

*image is not of my actual car but depicting my car being built, until I can upload the real ones.

Last edited:

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
haha surprised you don't go load her onto the truck yourself!! Sure the driver will give you a lift :driving:

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
If your like this now, what will you be like when the day finally arrives to pick up your new beast from the dealer. Make sure you were 2 pairs of undies lol

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 14.
She is on the home stretch now, in final assembly 2 and now resembles a car with its wheels and doors put on. Not long now until she is driven off the line and then onto HEC to get some of my items fitted. If you are a car enthusiast like me, watching your car getting built on the production line and getting photos of it is the next best thing to seeing your first kid born.

Can’t wait to take delivery of her, the hours of waiting are killing me……