Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Jungle Green SSV Redline

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Pt 15.
My Redline has been built and now awaits its treatment at HEC. It passed through validation (final check point on assembly line) yesterday at 11:20am. I have been told its a 1st time quality car, meaning that throughout the whole build process there has been no rework required at all in Body, Paint or Assembly. Im so stoked with that!

The down side is that I wont be getting my car until probably mid next week now, as HEC is a bit behind and the stickers/decals that are getting applied to my car have to stay on the car for a day before going into direct sunlight. Which means it wont make the truck for tomorrow. :(

It's going to be a painful weekend for me. :help: I think I will need to go for a drive out to HVO and see if I can see it at all over the weekend.

In other news I read this in another thread regarding metallic paint on Prussian Steel. I hope my Jungle Green paint will be ok on my car... :eek:

Been watching this topic with interest. So far only talk about paint prone to chips/scratches.

The evenness of the colour on some cars is atrocious to the point I cannot believe they are passed out of the factory.

My own car (Prussian Steel) has had the roof and boot repainted under warranty due uneven colour. My issue was the "flip" of the metallic paint showing where the passes of the painting process were. Depending on the viewing angle and lighting conditions, the paint on the roof of my car varied from perfect to awful. I could not see it when I picked up the car because it was overcast. A few weeks later when the weather improved, I was shocked to see patches of opposing dark and light visible in the direct sunlight. I believe it was due to the metallic flakes being deposited differently with opposing directions of travel as the spray paint nozzles passed across the affected panels, visible in one small patch on the boot and several on the roof. It was only visible in direct light but really noticeable then. I am quite tall and the roof was very noticeable to me, becoming all I looked at. Friends of mine shorter than I could not see the defect at all. A shorter person may have gone years without seeing it. I've attached a couple of pictures of the issue taken in lighting conditions bet highlighting them.

View attachment 183618View attachment 183619

I have to add that the dealer was very good to deal with and had this resolved (repainted) without question and the result was great.

I have since noticed the same issue on quite a few cars, particularly Nitrate Silver as well as the bumpers looking like they are a different colour all together like they were repainted years later.

A friend's company has VF company cars. We were viewing them from a Mezzanine above the cars indoors under workshop lighting and every metallic car had very noticeable colour variations/patches.

Poor paint quality from the factory.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Well, how did you go SC, did you get your mits on the new ride?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
SHE'S HERE!!!! Was off loaded this afternoon at the dealership. Looks way better than what I imagined.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Stalker :)

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Watching that guy unload with his arm out the window would have drove me nuts, those little hi vis strips on his shirt are rough.
Nice km too beat me buy 2 lol.
What are the first plans?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Watching that guy unload with his arm out the window would have drove me nuts, those little hi vis strips on his shirt are rough.
Nice km too beat me buy 2 lol.
What are the first plans?

Fit all my Holden accessories then off to get opti-coated.

Dimitery

Reaction score
Looks great! Cant see why holden is getting rid of that colour... also personally I find the stripes to be a bit tacky, but each to their own :D

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got to pick up my new beast. 6.2 litres of V8 goodness!!! :beer chug: Cue Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor grunt 'OOORRGHH' 'OOORRGHH' 'OOORRGHH'

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It was worth the wait mate. Looks great

Matell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
They left the door bumper blocks on :) I'm sure you've rectified that pretty quickly!

Looks freaking t*ts!!! :D Enjoy!